We know you ride, but do you collect Camo? | GTAMotorcycle.com

We know you ride, but do you collect Camo?

RockerGuy

Banned
Site Supporter
I know there are former military members here so maybe they can help me with my collection.

I'm currently looking for a new or close to new Canadian digital green camo.

Here's what I would love to add:
Blue navy camo worn by US Navy
Sky blue camo
My personal favourite, fall camo
I'm not sure if there is a winter camo, but would love one.
I'm also trying to source a digital black & white camo

Here's what I have so far
apype7en.jpg

9yby7etu.jpg

I cant even see whats hanging of those hangers...:p

Yeh, my room is a bit dark.
Plus they're camo, you're not supposed to see them properly, lol

I have Cadpat but it's faded and used up. I'll pm you regarding US Navy camo BDUs if I can get some

you can try this place

T N T Surplus Centre

2938 Lake Shore Blvd W, Toronto, ON M8V 1J6

416-251-3821

and another

Army Issue Surplus Inc.
1 Stavebank Road North
Mississauga, Ontario
L5G 2T3
Phone: 905-271-1665
E-Mail: sales@armyissue.com

http://armyissue.com/

and I am sure there are a few others around ?
I tried the one on stavebank. They were mostly used, I believe. It was a while ago though
I have Cadpat but it's faded and used up. I'll pm you regarding US Navy camo BDUs if I can get some

Thanks

if you ever cross the border, the walden galleria has an army store in the mall.... mostly new stuff. Google them and give em a call before ya go to see what they have.

if you ever cross the border, the walden galleria has an army store in the mall.... mostly new stuff. Google them and give em a call before ya go to see what they have.

Its so much cheaper over there

The new Canadian patterns; CADPAT™ (Canadian Disruptive Pattern) Temperate Woodland (TW) and Arid Regions (AR). CADPAT TW has been rated best tropical and Temperate Camouflage by NATO soldiers in a recent scientific study. The Canadian studies show there is a 40 percent less chance of being detected from 200 meters away with CADPAT Versus Olive Drab.
http://www.hyperstealth.com/CADPAT-MARPAT.htm

No wonder I can't seem to locate new CADPAT, the government seems to be very strict in releasing them and keep it out of surplus. Most of the new ones out there are replicas. I wonder how they could replicate it when it is Trademarked?

Do you know who makes the CADPAT issued??

Its so much cheaper over there

Tell me about it, I just picked up a camo shirt for hunting geese and duck on warm evenings in the fall -- $6 at Walmart. I don't think I can get any shirt for $6 at Walmart in Canada, let alone a real tree moisture wicking shirt.

Canadian CAPpat is a controlled item so obtaining the "exact" uniform pants is challenging. All uniforms are destroyed after use. You can find similar stuff at various surplus stores like beaver and the ones already mentioned. You should also know that recently some Canadian SOF assets have switched to a multicam pattern.

Life is good :)
7e1cba93d5dddd2d345660d38c9e2fe6.jpg

I put together a rainsuit out of a tiger pattern goretex jacket and DCU pants.. About the same price as crappy tire raingear, but a lot better quality. Just search "dcu goretex" on ebay. TNT is a great shop. Bought a bunch of stuff there, including a German army issue backpack and Canadian army woolen sweater that I've worn working in the bush and doing cold weather shooting. Also got a nice wick away sweater, to be worn under my clothes when sweating in cold weather.

Yeh, its hard for me not to spend when going to these surplus stores.

Not only am I intrigued with the art of visual deception, but I realized the clothing are very functional & tough.

Most of the pants I bought are rainproof & stain-resistant

Yeh, its hard for me not to spend when going to these surplus stores.

Not only am I intrigued with the art of visual deception, but I realized the clothing are very functional & tough.

Most of the pants I bought are rainproof & stain-resistant

Very valid reasons.. I started frequenting milsurp stores while working in mineral exploration. Lots of cheap clothes durable enough to take the abuse of field-work and I liked the style.

Huge pet peeve of mine, people wearing CADPAT stuff and they aren't in uniform.

When we hand in our used up clothing it gets put in to a shredder.

My mom did find some silk like material years ago at Len's Mill store that was exactly like CADPAT. I used some to hide the fact that my sleeping bag isn't issued.

My mom did find some silk like material years ago at Len's Mill store that was exactly like CADPAT. I used some to hide the fact that my sleeping bag isn't issued.

Don't show up at CQB matches... Some people take their "playing dressup" WAAAY too seriously :D I prefer older camo patterns that won't have me mistaken for a member of any first world armed forces and even just plain ol' OD.

Why would it bother you that much?

Back
Top Bottom