VMedia Internet Anyone? | GTAMotorcycle.com

VMedia Internet Anyone?

moosrdunk

Thinking about making the switch to Vmedia internet havent found too much information about them online a bit of mixed reviews from what I see.

HIGH SPEED CABLE 45

Up to 45 Mbps Down / 4 Mbps Up

No usage limits

52[SUP].95[/SUP]

I'm happy enough with them, I have the same package you mention and never had a problem reaching those speeds.

I also subscribe to their IPTV package, and their PVR in-the-cloud is kinda neat - for any supported channel you can re-watch any show from the past week, without having to manually PVR the show. It's actually more like TV on demand as opposed to "pvr in the cloud" but it works well enough.

Never heard of them, but the pricing and speeds looks pretty attractive ... and they can sell you a cable as well. Not many other than Rogers and Bell around offering that ...

Last edited:
I poked around their website and found an interesting note ..... "Rogers technician will activate your internet." ...... are they having anything to do with Rogers???

Rogers owns the cable. Regulation requires them to make it available to resellers.

All these third party providers are reselling you Rogers and Bell services, basically.

Do you know of other company like Vmedia who will resell me cable TV and internet? Most companies do internet, but not cable TV I thought?

They're not reselling the service, just renting the local infrastructure for last mile access. AFAIK there are no actual cable tv resellers at the retail level. Zazzeen is a pretty decent IPTV service, but you have an actual set top box, no PVR afaik. You'd have to order your Internet with Acanac or Distributel, though.

Actually I just spoke to Vmedia .... they are using the infrastructure by renting it from Rogers (in my case) so chances are if you are not happy with the current provider's internet speeds you are not going to be happy with theirs either.

Cable TV is more interesting .... the guy claimed that they are not reselling Rogers cable TV, but rather using their own set top box and distribution ... which is good, because cable TV is what sucks on Rogers right now. The audio has been crapped with a lot of static noise for months without any promise to get better (something to do with Dolby audio according to them ...).

Iptv and all, whats the cheapest way to get discovery, oasis and radx?

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS

I'm happy with start.ca internet

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

Well its been just over a month with Vmedia and have had no issues so far .. speed has been great and consistent

Back
Top Bottom