This sucks...weather - who is going where? | GTAMotorcycle.com

This sucks...weather - who is going where?

I was going to take a small group to PA this weekend.
But with the way the weather is looking we decided to cancel our trip.
Hopefully the weather will be better at the end of the month and I’ll go down then.

Y'know it might be okay
that front is moving fast to the east - could be good tomorrow - I think this what changed our weather forecast - last weekend the storm front was moving very slowly which let me stay ahead as I came up from S PA ...this one is rocking along.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/renovo-pa/17764/weather-radar/2098075

Only 10% chance of a shower and even lower on Sunday and Monday - that's a big change from Flash FLood warnings yesterday

Last edited:
Haven't decided where, but will definitely be heading south of the border, regardless of the weather. Need to test out the new to me bike.

I've been waffling but definitely getting antsy. Saturday is out for me with friend and family plans but if the weather forecast stays clear may do a quickie run Sunday to the
Coudersport/Renovo area. Something that doesn't require a lot of planning or money. Stay at Coudersport or Wellsboro Sunday night, then run back via
Watkins Glen and up 14 through the Finger Lakes area - not really a twisty route coming back but should be scenic in its spring finery and its an easy overnighter. Contingent on weather and how hearty I party Saturday night with my friends :)

I'm planning to stay in Ontario this weekend. Next weekend is also a long weekend for me so PA is looking good

Brutal ride to North Carolina yesterday. I was soaked and chilled to the bone. Frogg Toggs could only do so much under constant deluge. Dealt with flooded roads and funnel clouds through West Virginia. Rest of weekend looks wet.

mother its cold out there...4 going down to 3. :(

Kid just blew in on the FZ8 with teeth chattering after a late night Godzilla showing.
he was NOT dressed for that chill.

geez DJM - that's epic for all the wrong reasons. Glad I went last weekend.

Im in West Virginia now. Yesterday was a bit wet heading down the QEW but it stopped raining between Buffalo and Erie PA. The bike was telling me the ambient temperature was between 7 and 10 degrees all the way to Pittsburgh. My heated jacket liner and gloves kept we warm and comfortable. Todays plan is for 520 KMs of twisty backroads from Moundsville WV to Roanoke. It's cloudy but dry and the temps are going to be in the single digits all day today as well.

I'm planning to stay in Ontario this weekend. Next weekend is also a long weekend for me so PA is looking good

Its starting to look like home is going to be the best weather over the next couple of days. Around Niagara and the escarpment here in Hamilton is actually beautiful right with buds and blooms now so might just enjoy the Niagara area twisities this weekend. Also have my Nexus card interview next week which makes short trips cross border a lot more appealing later on.

Opened the door to let the dog out, said nope this sucks and went back to bed. Now at 930 it still sucks. I loathe may long weekend.

Opened the door to let the dog out, said nope this sucks and went back to bed. Now at 930 it still sucks. I loathe may long weekend.

I'm staying in today and hopefully going out for a ride tomorrow.

It sucks though because the traffic for a long weekend seems to be very light.

Crazy cold tho sunny
sucks - thought it might be warmer away from the lake but noooooo

Wanted a casual ride to the states this morning just to pick something up but it's only going to 12 and just not worth it
:(

didn't you know? Summer's over!

It was summer last weekend.

prep you bikes for the winter guys!

( *glass is always half empty !)

Was out this morning. A little chilly on the 403 but nothing unbearable. Once you catch the sun peeking out from the cloud cover it was nice. Saw quite a few other riders too.

Yeah - I'm being a wimp but after lovely 20-33 degrees in Southern PA last weekend and 3 months of tropical Australia .....there is good reason.

That said had a good ride into TO along the lakeshore yesterday ....chilly but not horrid....last night tho.....damn that was cold.

I'm going to hit the Forks in an hour since there is some sun and it's away from the lake.

••••
Kinda nice up at the Forks when the sun comes out. Couple of riders and chitchatting.

Last edited:
It has been cold for me in the North Carolina mountains for past three days. Woke up to 3 degrees in Boone NC this morning. Even now in Roanoke it is only in the mid teens. At least its dry here. Tomorrow I ride through WV and its more of the same- mid teens and dry. I'm not complaining though, at least its dry. When I arrived in Robbinsville NC 3 days ago it was over 30 degrees.

Last edited:
Well I'm glad I didn't point the bike south again...no relief to be had apparently.
Mid teens and dry is very acceptable and it is a lovely time of year.

Back
Top Bottom