1990 xr250r | GTAMotorcycle.com

1990 xr250r

tylerwaugh

Someone is selling a 1990 xr250r and saying it has never been blue plated, but he says it was built from the factory for on-road purposes so I would be able to blue plate it but i think it's an offroad bike and he's trying to trick me. Does anybody know if it's offroad or not?

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Someone is selling a 1990 xr250r and saying it has never been blue plated, but he says it was built from the factory for on-road purposes so I would be able to blue plate it but i think it's an offroad bike and he's trying to trick me. Does anybody know if it's offroad or not?

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

an XR wasn't ever intended for the road - an XL was

an XR wasn't ever intended for the road - an XL was

Actually in 1990, the road legal model was the xr250l, off road only model was xr250r. In prior years the road model was xl250r. I would double check whether it's an xr250r or l model and if it has signals, speedo etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually in 1990, the road legal model was the xr250l, off road only model was xr250r. In prior years the road model was xl250r. I would double check whether it's an xr250r or l model and if it has signals, speedo etc

Really? If so - sorry for my error.

I always thought the XL as road, XR as dirt. I beat the hell out of my 85 xl250 on & off-road - fun little thing.

Really? If so - sorry for my error.

I always thought the XL as road, XR as dirt. I beat the hell out of my 85 xl250 on & off-road - fun little thing.

Turns out the xl250r ceased production in 1987 early ones like yours looked like this
zazy9u7y.jpg

The xr250l started in 1992 and looked like this
2usy9yty.jpg

1988-1990 they gave us the nx250
a6ygare2.jpg

In 1990, it looks like they only offered the xr250r, off road only. Ask the seller about the signals/speedo/horn, then walk away if it never had them...

I have a 98 XR250R and an 03 XR400R both blue blated.

And I had a ktm 200 exc blue plated. Doesn't mean it was road legal or good at it.

Back
Top Bottom