HTA and turn signals | GTAMotorcycle.com

HTA and turn signals

kcalB

So I'm going for my M test
on the 2nd (at downsview), and my left rear turn signal has no "cap"
or lens? Honestly, this does not impair the signal at all. The caps do
nothing(at least on the left side). Just to be clear, my rear right indicator,
is just L.E.D bulbs, with no plastic cover over it.

I've been looking at some posts on flush mounts and what not, and reviewing the
HTA, and what i figure is, as long as the signal can been seen from 30 meters,
your good. So my bike does comply with HTA (as far as i know), but my question
is, will the MTO people write me off as an unsafe vehicle? I've been out of the
bike hobby for a few years, and my M2 will expire in August. I really don't
want to do the M2 Test again, and obviously won't be able to if my bike is "un
safe". Just wondering if I should start looking for a cap? I think it may
be pretty difficult to find one :S

Sweet, so i'm going to quote the HTA to them if they give me problems, and see how that goes..... LOl... Thanks

As long as its secure in place youre fine. But if its dangling then thats a different story all together :p

Motorcycles don't require mechanical signals - that's what you have hand signals for.

Motorcycles don't require mechanical signals - that's what you have hand signals for.

True, but for my m1 exit, the rear brake did not engage the tail light, it was written off as unsafe for operation, and yet I still ride home lol

Try telling that to the tester - I ride a bike that is completely road legal without signal lights, but when I took my m2 exit they DEMANDED I have working signals. Hand signals were NOT enough. Doesn't surprise me that other testing facilities would allow this, it seems like it's completely up to the discretion of the tester what is "allowed" or not.

Similar to trying to green plate a dirt bike - one office won't let you (even though it's completely legal) so the easiest option is to simply walk into a different office instead of trying to convince them that they are doing their job wrong.

The first thing they do before hitting the road is check the brake light and signal indicators front and back and horn.

I don't know about the HTA but if the examiner can't see the operation of the turn signals during the test it only hurts you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom