HWY 35 North from 401 to Huntsville | GTAMotorcycle.com

HWY 35 North from 401 to Huntsville

ifiddles

so the fiancé wants to ride up to Huntsville via the 401 and hwy 35...looking at it on google maps it shows some nice curves and bends...I am curious though if there are a lot of hills (ie: rattlesnake point, forks of the credit) and what general condition the road is in...we are planning on going sometime early july when I am off work...thanks for the feedback...

I would agree with what's been said, but will add that the northern section of Hwy 35 from Carnarvon to just past Dorset is pretty sweet, because of the really fast sweepers, amazing pavement and some really nice scenery. I'd give the rest of it a pass - if you really want to ride it, figure out a better way to get to Carnarvon and then hop on it to Huntsville area.

if you really want to ride it, figure out a better way to get to Carnarvon and then hop on it to Huntsville area.

Well said. I was going to post a dissertation about zigzagging up to Southwood 13 and then finding his way to Carnarvon but detected a somewhat noobish traveller. Baby steps.

well I am not a total newbie but this is my first full season on highways and with my FZ6R (had a baby cruiser for two seasons prior)...not a huge fan of rattlesnake (toppled over but that's another story) and haven't attempted forks of the credit on my own (rode it as a passenger)...that was why I asked about hills...I am ok with curves as I will just take it easier than the fiancé who likes to rip them...I see how #35 is a little boring from the 401 up to Carnarvon...will have to find another route there from Cambridge...thanks for the feedback...

Here you go - get yourself to Barrie and then you can ride something like this if it's not too long for you. It's got a good mix of scenic and windy roads, with nothing too difficult. Be careful of sand on some roads, but with this rain we've been having, hopefully they will be great.
http://goo.gl/maps/8AuJf

Not that I think I can outdo the famous ShaneKingsley :D but my route is a little shorter and has very little multilane hwy and the roads should not be too challenging.
I started at a Tim Hortons in Orangeville that you might know already. At the least it is infinitely better than 401 - 35.

I have a way to completely miss the 400 hwy or hwy 11 to get from Barrie to Orillia but it is a little tricky to follow..mite be easier to just follow my route. btw still a noobie when it comes to creating these maps...

https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=203726661520950873125.0004f9796017295af01e2&msa=0

thanks shane and bimmermike...I will show these to my other half and see what he thinks...I was actually looking at shane's as an alternative after reading the earlier comments...I agree less slab and more scenic routing would be more enjoyable...I don't mind the distance...we are not in a hurry and will take all day if need be to get there and back...heck I have all summer!!! LOL

Then you could do a lot of nice roads.....at least for Ontario. ;)

If you have all summer.....welllll....Pennsylvania should be very high on your bucket list.

From Cambridge you should be able to hook up with Beaver Valley Road going north.
I'd get to the Forks but then take some side roads instead of 10.
You could come across 24 to the Forks - then swing north.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom