It's warm !!! and Green!!! PA bound | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

It's warm !!! and Green!!! PA bound

Just cruise through the special lanes - the reader is supposed to pick up the card but mine did not
They just type it in - quick and in airport it's brilliant....talk about queue jumping.

Yes McDs is unreal in US. Literally you can be fed for $2-3 and full.

Need to remove helmet? I forgot how Nexus works.. you drive up, drop off your customs declaration (if needed) , scan your card, then proceed to the booth?

Thanks for the PA tips. Will see if your roads are near what we have planned for our trip later this season.

Need to remove helmet? I forgot how Nexus works.. you drive up, drop off your customs declaration (if needed) , scan your card, then proceed to the booth?

Thanks for the PA tips. Will see if your roads are near what we have planned for our trip later this season.

I have Open face - convertible or my Bell 3/4 so I don't know for sure but nothing but friendly both sides of the border with Nexus.

Hope you get to some of the Southern PA routes....one thing I love about the Renovo area is very little traffic but I was pleasantly suprised in S PA there was not much on the back roads tho Friday night was jammed heading towards Harrisburg. Would never see that in the boonies up north.

After looking at Tenessee .....now I wanna hit that :D

Hey Mac I had a quick look on Google maps but couldnt find the 2 small bridges and the "woops". Are they on 233 and if so approx where?

Btw, I did a run in PA 2 yrs ago.. went on a road that had some rolling short corners.. from memory I think it was on the way down an escarpment or similar. I really wish I stopped to get a location and photos.
Road was tree lined.

can find the creek but not related to 233....I was using Winding Roads so if the road changes I don't really know it.
I wonder if the camera records GPS location

ok found the 2 bridges. Both are on 4004...Upper Strasburg Rd and Fannettsburg Rd. Couldnt find the "woops " however http://goo.gl/maps/rlSbb

oh good - I doubt you would see them - it wad even hard to photograph but you don't get 850 lb of burgman and riders airborne at modest speed without them being pretty smooth yet steep enough to launch.

They would be on the opposite side of the mountain from the West branch.
Going down to that West branch bridge was a bit white knuckle - you had to concentrate as was hard to see the oil/gravel patches.

The uphill on the other side where the whoops were was excellent pavement.

The only place I seen steeper is on Whiteface and that bottomed the front suspension.

I'm thinking of taking a trip down May 30 for 3 or 4 days. I'll check out some of your route for sure

I don't really think you can miss with the way the terrain is around there....it's really just avoiding trafficked areas ( in surprising places a 5 pm ) as it's close enough to the Washington DC horror show to be affected.

Harrisburg is easy to base out of with slabs to catch other areas and there are certainly enough accessible roads

590 Km by slab to get there - I went by way of 219 to Coudersport - the 144 to Renovo then to State College ( also a good spot to jump off from )

There sure is lots to the south and west. All those east west roads are crossing the ridges = fun.

Is there anything to do in Harrisonburg? (Not Harrisburg)

Thanks for the info Mac
I have done about 6 trips to PA but never really traveling further south than say Wykoff Run.
This time I want to go to the HD dealer in State College.
My plan is to stay in Clearfield and spend the night then go to State College the next day.
Then spend 2 or 3 nights in Carisle….I found a newly renovated Motel 6 for under $50.
There’s a Biker Breakfast Sunday morning in Ephrata.
They get about 5000 bikes on average for this event and they run it the first Sunday of each month in the summer.
I plotted out a few maps and am really looking forward to playing in the hills :)

Schneller I have only ever run through Harrisonburg VA so I can’t really comment on it.
But just south of it in Vesuvius VA is 56…this road is a real treat and a must if you are ever in the area.

Yeah I'd never gone much past Wykoff other than staying in State College once.

You should be good to get to State College if you leave early ( love the long days ) unless you are doing a lot of Twists.

I was in Renovo by noon leaving at 6 am and did some backroads including 144/44 - 120 and Wykoff and still time to get to Harrisburg which is past State College.

Kid wants to do some 2 1/2 day long weekends.so that limits me but I can send him home and take longer myself.

What about the trucks in WV??

Trucks in WV????
This wasn’t a problem when I was there.
I love WV….there’s so many nice roads down there.
I usually just blaze down to Morgantown then spend a couple days just riding around.
This time I wanna just spend some time in PA
I didn’t want it to be a big trip as I have a big one planned in July going to Washington then California and Sturgis and back

Back
Top Bottom