Gravel Travel | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gravel Travel

Iceman

So far I'm loving the vstrom, bit heavy but I think I take it more off-road than most. Lol Went on a run to one of my favourite spots:
zejasytu.jpg

7ysa7uvu.jpg

zasa5esu.jpg

pu5ybuja.jpg

Turned around here as I was alone and running Trailwings lol!
tuga6usy.jpg

Who's up for gravel exploring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dont want to get in too deep I guess lol,I have street tires on my KLR,I would not trust it on those trails.

dont want to get in too deep I guess lol,I have street tires on my KLR,I would not trust it on those trails.

It's all paved roads getting there, the last rd is maybe 45 min of gravel. Beyond that bridge I do not travel unless I'm on the actual dirtbike. Then it's a blast. Your tires could likely handle the gravel portion. I did it on these Trailwings:
gu8u2a7y.jpg

qy9ygysa.jpg

Edit: also gotta admit, with 1000cc and ****** tires, it wasn't the fastest ride in.

What area is this? Looks like fun, I'd be up for some exploring dirt roads, but I'm on street tires on the drz as well.

I'm curious as well. Will you give up the location or set up a tour to ride the area it looks like a great place to explore.

are street bikes allowed in trails? or do you need the special license to go on dirt.

Yes Jimsun Dual sport bikes are allowed in the trails. Not sure what you mean by a special License. Many of the trails require passes to use the trail. Oftr membership will cover several forests. IE simcoe county, somerville The Eota requires a pass for their trails the park to park requires a pass for theirs and the best of all for offroad in the gta is the ganaraska which requires a membership. No License is required for trail riding, bikes must be licensed and insured and under 94 db with a spark arrestor in any of the forests. Street bike in the trails is just a bad idea and likely wouldn't end well for rider and bike.

are street bikes allowed in trails? or do you need the special license to go on dirt.

Yes Jimsun Dual sport bikes are allowed in the trails. Not sure what you mean by a special License. Many of the trails require passes to use the trail. Oftr membership will cover several forests. IE simcoe county, somerville The Eota requires a pass for their trails the park to park requires a pass for theirs and the best of all for offroad in the gta is the ganaraska which requires a membership. No License is required for trail riding, bikes must be licensed and insured and under 94 db with a spark arrestor in any of the forests. Street bike in the trails is just a bad idea and likely wouldn't end well for rider and bike.

Thank you very much. Very informative reply :)

We can definitely set up a ride. Road bikes or dirtbikes, by road bikes I mean dual-sport types. I'm on a Vstrom 1000 so almost anything should make it if I do. If interested, post up or pm me. Sorry guys, I won't be giving up the info on this place online, too pristine to let it get over run/ closed down like so many other places. If you want to find it, let's ride.
Btw, no Oftr pass required.
Jimsun, the bulk of the ride there can be paved back roads, or gravel, the main road in to the bridge is pretty good, I'm sure the cb could handle it, depends how bad you want to go...
What area are you guys located so I could come up with a meeting spot that's good for all...

Last edited:
I'm in for riding off road, located stouffville area.

No worries its only a few inches deep..

[video=youtube;1PA1J0oDphc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PA1J0oDphc[/video]

Last edited:
We can definitely set up a ride. Road bikes or dirtbikes, by road bikes I mean dual-sport types. I'm on a Vstrom 1000 so almost anything should make it if I do. If interested, post up or pm me. Sorry guys, I won't be giving up the info on this place online, too pristine to let it get over run/ closed down like so many other places. If you want to find it, let's ride.
Btw, no Oftr pass required.
Jimsun, the bulk of the ride there can be paved back roads, or gravel, the main road in to the bridge is pretty good, I'm sure the cb could handle it, depends how bad you want to go...
What area are you guys located so I could come up with a meeting spot that's good for all...

Ah i see. If she can handle im good

Do you have a bash/skid plate on that bike yet? Never understood why suzuki put the oil cooler and filter where they did.

I'm in for riding off road, located stouffville area.

Same here...also in the Stouffville area and I also still have the stock tires (Tourance Exp) on my GS.
I also have a place across the lake from Barrie up near Orillia.

I up for a DS ride this weekend, maybe Saturday or Sunday early, finishing in the late afternoon, but I have some flexibility on timing. Monday is NFG for me....working.
Gotta place the first tag for dirt tag-o-rama!

I up for a DS ride this weekend, maybe Saturday or Sunday early, finishing in the late afternoon, but I have some flexibility on timing. Monday is NFG for me....working.
Gotta place the first tag for dirt tag-o-rama!

Sorry but I'm gonna be up north this weekend doing some spring cleaning. Also, I just passed the 600 mile mark on the bike lastw eekend and will be taking it in for the first service on Tuesday.
My schedule is a bit crazy these days LOL

StevieT and I are heading up Sunday May 18. Meeting in Sutton at the Anchor Family Restaurant 26092 hwy 48 Sutton West. Corner of 48 and High st at 10:15. No 400 series, big bike friendly, I'm on the vstrom. Any tires are good. Post up, meet us there, all are welcome.

Last edited:
StevieT and I are heading up Sunday May 18. Meeting in Sutton at the Anchor Family Restaurant 26092 hwy 48 Sutton West. Corner of 48 and Hight st at 10:15. No 400 series, big bike friendly, I'm on the vstrom. Any tires are good. Post up, meet us there, all are welcome.

that's 48 and high st....

Back
Top Bottom