Music to go - sub woofer for your lappie. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Music to go - sub woofer for your lappie.

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Music to go - sub woofer for your lappie. Mcycle version

Many of you travel with earphones or some such for music and a laptop or netbook.

This is a nice alternative for after hours and it's really small and it really works for the kick back after riding.
You can have some back ground tunes and still chat or relax without earphones in.

A device worthy to be hooked to the Retina. :D

Elegant, well thought out and very surprising sound.

550x-BassJump2-1.jpg

twelve-south-bassjump-2.jpg

http://www.twelvesouth.com/product/bassjump-2-for-macbook

Great for Jude and I travelling where we want some music for the room and small enough even to tuck in the motorcycle gear ( tho I usually use upper end semi-pro closed ear headphones. )

But this is nice kit. Dylan approved ( our DJ Tech )

Last edited:
This is a nice alternative for after hours and it's really small and it really works for the kick back after riding.You can have some back ground tunes and still chat or relax without earphones in.

unless you are space challenged like this rider

med_gallery_2144_2760_462107.jpg

I have 115 liters without side bags or strapping anything to the seat except when kid comes along on his naked FZ8....

The little sub takes up one of those litres and will be nice to have decent sound without the earphones in which I've worn all day riding.
Not for everyone - nice bit of kit for those of us that want some music in the room.

I think tourng is not your forté perhaps so why are you commenting?

Some of us work while we are touring - where have you been lately?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: Music to go - sub woofer for your lappie. Mcycle version

He's been to the exclusive ban-room! No music there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think tourng is not your forté perhaps so why are you commenting?

Some of us work while we are touring - where have you been lately?? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what's with all the attitude, I was just asking a question. While touring may not be my forté, I still enjoy long distance rides from time to time and often have my headphones in. However, riding a supersport, I don't have the room for something like that, but the idea was intriguing.

MacDoc, if you're feeling down and would like a hug, I'm always out and about. PM me! ;)

I use the UE logitech sub , use it with my smartphone and it really has superb sound quality. Looks very similar to that unit.

IMO this device are for riders going to meets and not on tour. When touring the best after ride music is the sound of the beach or the forest. It is so inconsiderate to blast your music even midday in the camp site or park.
My apologies, I'm ranting because one guy at L&L decided for all that everybody likes to talk by shouting at each other by playing his music too loud and i don't like him to see that product.

Believe me you can't play this too loud. A boom box it ain't.
You know what laptop speakers sound like?? well this just gives a little depth to them.
It's for kicking back in the room while I work.

I don't camp so not an issue. I'd say most camping won't have room anyways.

If that's the case, why not just play the music from your laptop? I thought you were supposed to use this while riding?

:rolleyes: Um do you know what a subwoofer is???

Laptop speakers suck on their own -it clearly says in the OP that it's for post riding. I'm out here for 3 days....10 hours riding - the rest relaxing and working - I want decent sound where I stay. This provides it.
Very simple....just read the OP next time.

I read the OP, but it seems like you had to go back and edit a few sentences! ;) Try being clear from the get go next time.

This seems like one of those "nice to have" things but is not really necessary. I have a Macbook Pro, the speakers are wonderful on their own.

MacDoc, if you're feeling down and would like a hug,

spend the time on some reading comprehension instead....I'm hardly "feeling down" ....I'm just about to ride 144 down to Renovo. I left about 5 am.

this is the second line of the OP

This is a nice alternative for after hours and it's really small and it really works for the kick back after riding.

sigh....

•••

GC
I use the UE logitech sub , use it with my smartphone and it really has superb sound quality. Looks very similar to that unit.

I didn't have time to check whether this will work with the iPhone but I suspect not. Is the UE USB powered or does it have a wall plug.
Having one that works with both lappie and phone would be cool but iphone speakers suck even more than laptop speakers.

Hey Mac its a bluetooth speaker so works with any phone or laptop with BT capabilities
oooo 144 sweet
spend the time on some reading comprehension instead....I'm hardly "feeling down" ....I'm just about to ride 144 down to Renovo. I left about 5 am.

this is the second line of the OP

sigh....

•••

GC

I didn't have time to check whether this will work with the iPhone but I suspect not. Is the UE USB powered or does it have a wall plug.
Having one that works with both lappie and phone would be cool but iphone speakers suck even more than laptop speakers.

Hey Mac its a bluetooth speaker so works with any phone or laptop with BT capabilities
oooo 144 sweet
I feel that bluetooth is hit or miss with me. I had the speakers in the past and the battery would die down randomly... kinda depressing. This is a cool concept though.
I wonder if it'll hold up well in the state of bouncing around in my saddlebags. I think it'll be better in cruiser bags...
http://www.vikingbags.com/honda-vtx-motorcycle-saddlebags.htm

It'll be cool to have a lot of bass though. I'm prolly just gonna buy it just to annoy the wifey

edit// wait... these aren't meant to be played on the road huh. i got trolled...

works really well - just landed 720 km day - except for the very beginning of 144 out of Coudersport - almost zero gravel - fine riding
of course I forgot to put any music on the Air but INternet radio is fine
lazing on bed and good nearfield sound with some presence even at half volume
Happy with it

I don't like BT for music

I've had bad luck with BT speakers/headphones when using Traktor Pro on my MBP, but I totally agree that the tinny little speakers need a little more bass.

This works....surprising - even at low ambient levels the sound was full and you can even shift the crossover point from lappie speakers to sub to make it seamless.

Very nicely designed - not cheap at $69 but durable, looks good and a slick case to tuck in the bike.
Count me very surprised how well it worked.....even with the Air which are sucky completely
The Retina on it's own sounds "okay" but this helps. But I rarely do overnights with the Retina....Air is easier to handle.

Just have to sort some data plan for the US.....not doing ROAM again.

Back
Top Bottom