Which gun should be banned next? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which gun should be banned next?

I always say, life is about balance, you can't have an "extreme" of either cases. I'm saying it should be a controlled item.

Personally if you ask me, we already have stringent storage laws. It doesn't get any more retarded than that. I'd like to see better psychological assessment. History of violence, mental stability, etc.

But we already have retarded gun control here.

I agree that the gun control is bad and also agree that the background checks and mental assesments should be done better
But as long as you have a trigger lock you can leave your gun sitting on your kitchen table if you want.
Ammo must be locked up separately from your firearm.
This is what was being taught in the Canadian fire arms course I took it 2 years ago.
But it could of changed. The only change I would make is that all fire arms should be locked inside of a gun cabinet or safe with a trigger lock.
Nothing else. Like I said this could have changed already.

Daught
I really don't know if you are serious or not.
Have you ever lived in an area where there are predators that could easily kill you or your family?
What would you do yell at it? Maybe ask it nicely to leave?
Maybe while we are at it take the guns away from cops too. Like in England where only certain cops carry weapons. That way the police can ask the crazy man to put the gun or knife or what ever they have down.
Why stop with the police. Lets disarm our military.
Maybe if we disarmed the Ukraine Russia would leave them alone.
I'm only trying to point out that if we dont have the means to protect your self then who will protect us?
I would be all for harsher penalties for unsafe storage of said fire arms or even better storage laws. But as for what you're suggesting I cant see too many people that would agree

Better, I backpack all over the world and sleep in a 2lb tent. I been in areas with every type of bear except polar bears. I manage risk by following strict food handling and storage guidelines. I never had a bear come near me. It takes a bit more to co-exist with wildlife than just being reckless and shooting it.

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS

The only change I would make is that all fire arms should be locked inside of a gun cabinet or safe with a trigger lock.

Please explain to me, what effect would putting a trigger lock on an already locked firearm have other than further infringing on a gun owner's right to defend his life and his loved ones in case of a home invasion scenario? If the gun owner decides to go "cookoo" and go on a spree killing, you think the extra 10s (which could be the difference between life and death in a home invasion scenario) would prevent a spree shooter from going on a spree? Anders Behring Breivik purchased a farm and registered it as a business in order to get enough fertilizer to make bombs. That's the sort of mentality you are dealing with. Putting a trigger lock that the owner can remove in 10s or a criminal can pop off in 20s won't prevent someone like that from hurting innocent civilians. Also, please remember the Mercaz Harav school massacre that was ended by a student, using his lawfully-obtained hunting rifle.

P.S. Murder is against the law :cool:

I never had a bear come near me. It takes a bit more to co-exist with wildlife than just being reckless and shooting it.

Tell that to Taylor Mitchell :cool:

Please explain to me, what effect would putting a trigger lock on an already locked firearm have other than further infringing on a gun owner's right to defend his life and his loved ones in case of a home invasion scenario? If the gun owner decides to go "cookoo" and go on a spree killing, you think the extra 10s (which could be the difference between life and death in a home invasion scenario) would prevent a spree shooter from going on a spree? Anders Behring Breivik purchased a farm and registered it as a business in order to get enough fertilizer to make bombs. That's the sort of mentality you are dealing with. Putting a trigger lock that the owner can remove in 10s or a criminal can pop off in 20s won't prevent someone like that from hurting innocent civilians. Also, please remember the Mercaz Harav school massacre that was ended by a student, using his lawfully-obtained hunting rifle.

P.S. Murder is against the law :cool:

Sorry screwed that up.
I think it should be in a safe where the trigger lock isnt needed. Or a glass cabinet where it should be.
I was only saying I think a fire arm should be locked up in a safe or a gun cabinet.
No infringement intended on my comment and I should of been more clear.

Better, I backpack all over the world and sleep in a 2lb tent. I been in areas with every type of bear except polar bears. I manage risk by following strict food handling and storage guidelines. I never had a bear come near me. It takes a bit more to co-exist with wildlife than just being reckless and shooting it.

Well you're obviously not going to see any other point except yours regardless of how valid the point is or not.
Good luck convincing people.

In all honesty, I would place the storage onus on the gun owner without any specifics. If he lives alone, I don't see why he should be putting his guns away.. Just leave them where they will be handy for whatever lawful purpose ha has, whether it's defending the home or on the work bench, that sort of thing.. If (s)he resides with small children or even teens/adults for whom there might be a reason that they shouldn't be trusted with guns, they should put them away in a more secure location. If the gun owner's storage arrangement is a contributing factor to an unlawful act committed by a lawful resident, the gun owner should be held partly responsible. Here's what I had in mind..
1) If little Johnny gets the gun out of the underwear drawer and shoots a hole through the roof, mommy-dearest should face responsibility in the court system
2) If big Danny takes a crowbar to the gun cabinet and uses one of his mom's guns to rob a liquor store, that's a different story because mommy-dearest took reasonable steps to keep her guns out of reach
3) If urban youth Chester breaks into the house, steals a gun and robs a liquor store, the gun owner should not be held responsible as chances are, Chester would have come across a gun safe or gun cabinet anyway, so it doesn't matter whether the gun is in a safe or in an underwear drawer. Anybody storing a motorcycle in a condo garage should know that locks were only meant to keep honest people out

In all honesty, I would place the storage onus on the gun owner without any specifics. If he lives alone, I don't see why he should be putting his guns away.. Just leave them where they will be handy for whatever lawful purpose ha has, whether it's defending the home or on the work bench, that sort of thing.. If (s)he resides with small children or even teens/adults for whom there might be a reason that they shouldn't be trusted with guns, they should put them away in a more secure location. If the gun owner's storage arrangement is a contributing factor to an unlawful act committed by a lawful resident, the gun owner should be held partly responsible. Here's what I had in mind..
1) If little Johnny gets the gun out of the underwear drawer and shoots a hole through the roof, mommy-dearest should face responsibility in the court system
2) If big Danny takes a crowbar to the gun cabinet and uses one of his mom's guns to rob a liquor store, that's a different story because mommy-dearest took reasonable steps to keep her guns out of reach
3) If urban youth Chester breaks into the house, steals a gun and robs a liquor store, the gun owner should not be held responsible as chances are, Chester would have come across a gun safe or gun cabinet anyway, so it doesn't matter whether the gun is in a safe or in an underwear drawer. Anybody storing a motorcycle in a condo garage should know that locks were only meant to keep honest people out

I agree 100%.
I have a set of twins and although they are only a little more then 1 year old. I personally keep my fire arms locked up in a gun safe and also have a crossbow that is trigger locked and string locked.
This is so I know its safe for my kids and wife.
My safe is in my closet and the key is in a place that my kids can't get to.
The main thing for me is always children's safety.

^ if you really cared about your children's safety you would MELT those guns

I agree 100%.
I have a set of twins and although they are only a little more then 1 year old. I personally keep my fire arms locked up in a gun safe and also have a crossbow that is trigger locked and string locked.
This is so I know its safe for my kids and wife.
My safe is in my closet and the key is in a place that my kids can't get to.
The main thing for me is always children's safety.

And that's the way it should be... If home defense was a major concern for me, I'd get one of those fingerprint lock safes and keep it next to my bed. They're cheap enough.. But I live in a safe neighborhood and it would be pretty difficult to gain access to the premises before I'd gain access to some of my toys, so I also keep them locked up and outta sight.

tmp_51af80ce5dad7-michael-jordan-lol.gif

Dude, I have a hard time taking you seriously

Yes all the criminals are melting their guns as we speak .What a great idea .

Please explain to me, what effect would putting a trigger lock on an already locked firearm have other than further infringing on a gun owner's right to defend his life and his loved ones in case of a home invasion scenario?
Pretty sure we don't have that right. A home invasion alone is not a life threatening event.

Because I like feeding trolls....Ruger 10/22 with a slide fire stock.

Because people are not homes.

?????

A home invasion is not a life threatening event because they're not homes?

I'm not even going to argue with you

Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe you have balls of steel?

And yes we do.
Any pros in the house that can confirm this (having the right to shoot intruders regardless of the threat to life)?

Back
Top Bottom