Which gun should be banned next? | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which gun should be banned next?

Thanks for posting this was going to grab one of the ones they have for 124 at my local CDN tire but this seems like a pretty good deal with the ammo and the fact is a russian one. I think the ones at CDN and the Chinese Varient

I paid $199 for my 1951 Russian Tula at my local CT. 124 is still cheap

If only the 9 month old were armed, he could have defended himself. ;)

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/0...handgun-shoots-and-kills-9-month-old-brother/

People are missing the larger issue - lack of proper supervision & failing to confine children to child-proofed areas that are free of dangers when temporarily unsupervised/unattended. Storing your gun properly is just the tip of the iceberg when you have kids around. Relatively speaking, accidental gun deaths make up a very small proportion of total accidental deaths.

Just got my PAL and going for my restricted. Planing on doing some target shooting and I.P.S.C runs with a 22 pistol anyone got any recommendations for a good starter something on the low end?

22 just feels like such a baby gun to me. I've got a S&W M&P 22 and it barely gets touched.

I think in Canada it's pretty balanced for gun ownership. You take the course and pass, there is some screening and if you check out, you can buy as many long guns as you want. The regulations for owning a handgun are very strict, but if you want one, you can have it.

i inherited a shotgun so I got my license to keep it, I keep it in my house, but I do not keep any shells for it. Thats my choice, I personally don't feel the need for gun for home defence.

I also did the restricted license as I was unaware I had signed up for both Restricted and non- restricted course when I registered. After handling the handguns during the course I realized I didn't want to own one, with such a short barrel, just a turn of the wrist and you are pointing a loaded gun at someone.

A number of people failed the course for improper handing of the handguns, it's very easy to point it in the wrong direction when loading, emptying and checking the gun. I was suprised how hard it was to load and unload the handguns that have the slide action, you need quite a bit of hand strength to hold down the lock and pull the slide back and keep the gun pointed in the safe direction. Some of the women on the course with small hands had a very hard time with the handguns. Not being sexist, guys with small hands would have an issue as well. The revolvers were much easier to handle.

The instructors were constantly reprimanding people who picked up a gun and put their hand on the trigger during the hands on practise sections. It's instinctive to put your finger on the trigger when you pick up a gun. I have to remind myself not to everytime I pick up my gun, it's a hard habit to break.

Even if you don't want to own a gun, it's an interesting and fun course to take, gives you a healthy respect for firearms.

I'm a female with small hands, I've never had an issue. In fact my husband was shocked the first time he saw me handle a handgun how I "man handled" it. Like everything there are techniques and like riding a bike for the first time some are naturals and some just need a little practice to find their groove.

22 just feels like such a baby gun to me. I've got a S&W M&P 22 and it barely gets touched.
I think you've offended quite a few.
Even a lady is putting down the .22

I think you've offended quite a few.
Even a lady is putting down the .22
lol I learned to shoot on a 9. Perhaps if I learned on a 22 as my first things would have been different. I got to try my buddy's 45 1911 the other day and I hated it. I suspect I may have issues with change.

If shooting a pistol chambered in 22lr pleases you, then that's what you should buy. There are some pistols in larger calibers that can use 22lr conversion kits.

Last edited:
lol I learned to shoot on a 9. Perhaps if I learned on a 22 as my first things would have been different. I got to try my buddy's 45 1911 the other day and I hated it. I suspect I may have issues with change.
I consider a 22 like a scooter in the motorcycling world. Fun if there is nothing around, cheap to maintain, but you don't wanna be boasting to your buddy how much fun you had riding it

Back
Top Bottom