Allstate will now insure SS bikes | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Allstate will now insure SS bikes

Nice Cafe Build you've started :)

Yeah. You go wherever the rate is best.

Yes. You're the one who put me in touch with him last year iirc.

I left due to higher rates on my new to me- classic bike.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

When I called Dan, he told me they won't touch a stand alone ss bike. Wouldn't touch my gsxr 600 if I didn't a house and/or a car too. I told him it sounds like tied selling to me.

I have called FSCO to get a definitive answer on this and hope to have a compliance office contact me. The initial agent seemed to think that it was a form of tied selling but I will need to word from the compliance office if this is the case.

No more guessing.

I have called FSCO to get a definitive answer on this and hope to have a compliance office contact me. The initial agent seemed to think that it was a form of tied selling but I will need to word from the compliance office if this is the case.

No more guessing.

It has to be tied-selling, if it's not then what the hell is it? The law is clear in the insurance act, nobody can deny you insurance because you don't bring another vehicle/house into the policy. I have 2 cars besides my bike, just on thursday I cancelled the policy on one of my cars and changed to Desjardins. I told both Desjardins and Johnson insurance that I will keep one car each with one of them because it's the cheapest for me. None of them forced me to change both cars to them, or my bike, my bike will stay with Intact because so far they are the cheapest at $757/year. I want Allstate to quote me on my bike and see if they can do cheaper, if they can't then I don't care if you have to include a Ferrari with their policy to insure your bike LOL.

I just met with Dan, very nice guy, total savings over Statefarm = $1650/year.

I called Dan yesterday & I asked him about the bike insurance & if you need to add a car or house to get the rate, he told me that when I went & seen him in early may I was one of the first to get bike insurance & I didn't need to add my house or Jeep, now they changed the rules to where you do need to add your car or house...I guess those that made it in before the changes were lucky!

You can change agents with Allstate? Didn't know that

Called Allstate @ 939 Eglinton Ave. E and the person answering said immediately they don't insure bikes over 300 or 350cc (can't recall).

Called Dan (as per OP) and he said can't cover unless I am bringing a home with it, tenant's insurance doesn't count.

I just went to Allstate and got quotes on a 2014 FZ-09, CB500X, and a FZ6R. The prices were really really good (FZ-09 for $1100/yr full coverage) and she said I didn't need to have car or home with them (though I will anyway--really cheap too).

Last edited:
I'm currently speaking back and forth with Dan regarding a new 2014 CBR650F. Although not a super sport, most see it that way (for now). Anyhow, Dan can do it for $1200/year full coverage, but has said I need to move the car and condo over to All State as well (currently have the car, 250 I have now, and condo with TD MM).

It would be interesting if I could do this without moving everything -- All State's rates are very similar (within dollars) to TD MM for the car, but moving everything now means breaking my TD policies at a cost of $360. If I just break the bike, the penalty is only $66.

I called Dan yesterday & I asked him about the bike insurance & if you need to add a car or house to get the rate, he told me that when I went & seen him in early may I was one of the first to get bike insurance & I didn't need to add my house or Jeep, now they changed the rules to where you do need to add your car or house...I guess those that made it in before the changes were lucky!

This is the exact line my previous Allstate agent (Grant Redfern) gave me last year. If I had more time, i'd read through my post history and dig it up.

"Oh, it was a pilot program and then they changed the requirements.. you got lucky!". Not to say that he didn't save me money at the time, but I now believe that to be a bold faced lie.

IMO, "they" (the sales agents) are eager to sign as many policies as possible - maybe the fiscal year to bonus goes from March-March? So they do so.. and now that they have enough risk in their portfolio they need to balance it out before getting slapped from above

Others above have mentioned that "tied selling" is an illegal practice - i would be curious to see if anyone looks into this further...

Last edited:
I've just switched my policies from State Farm to AllState thanks to Dan Jackson. saved 40% on my truck and 10% on my CBR600 ,

35 years old, one minor speeding ticket , no accidents or claims.

Dan is incredibly busy so just drop him an email with your driver's license number and he'll get back to you with a quote. They can look up your entire driving and insurance history.

Funny, I called a couple other Allstate agents and they didn't know anything about Allstate insuring sport bikes and weren't too eager to look into it either. Lazy f8ckers.

Big thanks to Dan ! He's even coming by my house this morning to complete the paper work LOL
Welcome to the forum Dan

Others above have mentioned that "tied selling" is an illegal practice - i would be curious to see if anyone looks into this further...

In another thread i called FSCO and asked about it. The compliance office told me that it is not something they regulate and they can refuse a stand alone policy and require you to bring a house or Condo.
Personally i consider this to be anti-competition. But what else is new in Ontario

Just spoke to Dan, all I can say is outstanding. I have been paying a ridiculous premium for both my car, home, and motorcycle though my broker for 10 years. He has saved me over $2100 a year on my insurance!! Please pay it forward to him, he is not only a great agent but a super guy. I am going to recommend him to everyone I know.

Also a big shout out to he GTA Motorcycle community who found and shared Dan's name and great service.

So um...what if we don't have a car or a house?

油井緋色;2183831 said:
So um...what if we don't have a car or a house?

I guess then you are S.O.L. (**** outta luck!)

Last edited:
I called Dan and seemed like a really nice guy. Allstate's prices are out to lunch. Quoted prices were over a thousand dollars more than my current policies
All I can say is if his company saved you any money my God you are paying out your ***.
I can't believe how much you all pay in the GTA for insurance.

Back
Top Bottom