Allstate will now insure SS bikes | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Allstate will now insure SS bikes

I called Dan and seemed like a really nice guy. Allstate's prices are out to lunch. Quoted prices were over a thousand dollars more than my current policies
All I can say is if his company saved you any money my God you are paying out your ***.
I can't believe how much you all pay in the GTA for insurance.

Who are you insured with?

Dan Jackson is no longer with Allstate. It seems as though Grant Redfern is picking up his bike-centric business.

I called to bring my parents over today and the person in the company sounded like she was having a hangover. I'm probably not going to be dealing with them in the future. Dan was great... gave me all the discounts.

Can someone recommend a person to talk to in this company? I can't deal with this lady.

Last edited:
I called to bring my parents over today and the person in the company sounded like she was having a hangover. I'm probably not going to be dealing with them in the future. Dan was great... gave me all the discounts.

Can someone recommend a person to talk to in this company? I can't deal with this lady.

Talk to Grant Redfern

Talk to Grant Redfern

Their branch is on the way for me so I'm going to drop by on monday. I need to buy a new car and stuff. Need this insurance stuff sorted out.

I couldn't understand this lady. She quoted me $2123 (yearly) to bring my mom and dad over from SF and added to my policy. Divided into 12 months that's $176.91. Because my policy was ending in May she said I'll have to pay $1823 from now till May... that's $303.83 a month. I kept telling her it made no sense and she kept implying I couldn't do math properly. 1 hr of my life wasted. Also on top they wanted a 3% premium to bring them over. I was tempted to say "it's okay clearly you guys don't want my business so lets remove all my stuff from you guys"

^ Happy I didn't ditch my long standing insurance company for Allstate when Dan was around. I had a feeling it was too good to be true.

Even those that locked in great deals while Dan was there, I'll bet they'll be in for an unpleasant surprise when their 1 year renewal comes up at higher rates.

^ Happy I didn't ditch my long standing insurance company for Allstate when Dan was around. I had a feeling it was too good to be true.

Even those that locked in great deals while Dan was there, I'll bet they'll be in for an unpleasant surprise when their 1 year renewal comes up at higher rates.

I switched to Allstate about 3 yrs ago (house, pick up truck, car, motorcycle) and I locked in substantial savings.
I don't know who "Dan" is, but I'm sure the rates are the same across the Allstate board.
The only surprise I got when my renewal came, was LOWER rates than the prior year. And add to that, decreasing deductables ftw.

^ That's good to hear, hope that continues. I'll be picking up a second bike for next year so I'm looking to reduce the rates as much as possible considering I have to pay full rate for each bike, regardless that I'm the only rider in my household and can only ride 1 bike at a time. I'll also have a home and two cars in addition to the bikes with the policy, I'm just weary of making a switch and regretting it later.

It's the same with your two cars, isn't it?

No, One of the cars is my wife's.
Oh, well for future reference if you have 2 cars in your name you'll pay pretty much the same as full rate on each just like you've encountered with bikes (if you didn't know that already).

Thanks for referring grant. Spoke to him and he made a lot sense. Saving over 2k now by moving everything to allstate also adding another car so that should be great.

Wow. that's a lot of savings.

Yeah, he's a good guy, straight shooter no BS. He'll tell you if he can offer anything or stick with your current provider. I appreciate the honesty of his service and he doesn't try to upsell.

Wow. that's a lot of savings.

Yeah, he's a good guy, straight shooter no BS. He'll tell you if he can offer anything or stick with your current provider. I appreciate the honesty of his service and he doesn't try to upsell.

Yeah same experience here. He didn't give me things that I didn't need. Great savings.

I talked to 2 different agents from Allstate. One gave me pretty decent rates the other said :
"thank you for taking the time to get a quote with me however Allstate unfortunately does not insure standalone sport bikes. Also, we do not insure bikes under 500cc’s (unless a scooter). [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Your best bet would be State Farm for your needs."[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Bikes in question were fz07, fz8 and r3.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]How does this make any sense since it's the same company?[/FONT]

And two of those bikes are over 500cc?

Back
Top Bottom