Good gun stories | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good gun stories

Baffles suck has been the resounding complaint. It wasn't built well, is uneven and is sinking to the point where you can't see out to 100m

:lmao:

Baffles and ever increasing presence of pestering authoritarian moron RSOs who even between one another can't grasp the simple god damn rules.

When I go there I wanna be left alone unless I break a rule. The RSOs on the other hand feel its their job to constantly remind me of every rule.

If you disagree feel free to say why Paul, I'm restating what I've been told by members, I was planning on joining Silverdale after July 1. I'll try to get some pics my buddy has of his setups and at one of the "good" tables where you can kinda see he can't use his bipods, can't use his 715t with an optic mounted on the handle and has no way of using a rangefinder either. Shooting out to 200 is unsafe where it is possible.

I couldn't shoot a black rifle with a 30rnd mag. Too tall.

They put 0 thought into the baffle. Yeah its ultimately the CFOs fault but damn, at least design it right.

Yeah, I was planning on joining it as my secondary club, but with the baffles and the new action range rules that are still up in the air... Naaaaaaaaaa

Im considering just going back to Burlington.. at least there are no annoying RSOs hanging over your shoulder there.

If you disagree feel free to say why Paul, I'm restating what I've been told by members, I was planning on joining Silverdale after July 1. I'll try to get some pics my buddy has of his setups and at one of the "good" tables where you can kinda see he can't use his bipods, can't use his 715t with an optic mounted on the handle and has no way of using a rangefinder either. Shooting out to 200 is unsafe where it is possible.

I don't disagree, im just laughing at the whole situation. Im a member at silverdale and it boggles my mind that someone actually thought that the baffles were a good idea.

This picture is gold

10374932_10152288833068283_5374521981092486731_n.jpg

I don't disagree, im just laughing at the whole situation. Im a member at silverdale and it boggles my mind that someone actually thought that the baffles were a good idea.

This picture is gold

[IxMG]https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10374932_10152288833068283_5374521981092486731_n.jpg[/IMG]

The CFO thought it, and he's planning to make every outdoor range in Ontario comply very soon!

Unfortunately there's a right way and a wrong way to do it... and Silverdale did it wrong.

HAHA me thinks. That and Urban Tactical.

I'd consider HAHA but the schedule seems kinda mehhhh... unless Im reading it wrong, or there's more to it than whats posted on the site, you can only shoot centerfire on wednesdays, thursdays, and half day sundays? Unless someone tells me that those days don't get very busy, I won't bother even trying.

I'd consider HAHA but the schedule seems kinda mehhhh... unless Im reading it wrong, or there's more to it than whats posted on the site, you can only shoot centerfire on wednesdays, thursdays, and half day sundays? Unless someone tells me that those days don't get very busy, I won't bother even trying.

Lol good luck having the club BoD do anything... Their e-mail system is out of whack, they took like 2 months to process my membership and it wasn't prorated and if they send out renewal notices, I didn't get one. Considering the way the administration of my membership was handled the first time around, I wasn't very motivated to push for staying a member. That's the story of my $400 single range trip :cool:

Good to know.

Did I hear right about Burlington now having automated targets? That kinda takes things to another level.

Good to know.

Did I hear right about Burlington now having automated targets? That kinda takes things to another level.

It's got a target return system, but you still gotta push the button to make it go forward and back :cool: It was a technical challenge considering the distance and the low ceiling but one member who put in lots of volunteering hours got'er dialed in nicely.

Verrr nice indeed. I was a member years ago and the consensus was that morons couldn't be stopped from shooting the static target stands, let alone a fancy return system. Hopefully the members keep that thing in good shape.

methinks I'll apply again

Verrr nice indeed. I was a member years ago and the consensus was that morons couldn't be stopped from shooting the static target stands, let alone a fancy return system. Hopefully the members keep that thing in good shape.

methinks I'll apply again

They banned steel core ammo, but they still get shot up.. Became more aggressive with going after the morons though.. Won't bring steel core back, though. No skin off my back (selling the sks and all my 7.62x39 ammo anyway lol) but I disagree with the decision.

I shoot cheap steel-case stuff but its lead core bullets.. good to go

I shoot cheap steel-case stuff but its lead core bullets.. good to go

Steel case, steel jacket, all good, as long as it's not steel core. The SKS likes Barnaul

When the club is empty can you still move the firing line downrange and use a holster? Looking at the calendar for the club it still looks busy as ever nightly till 11pm..

When the club is empty can you still move the firing line downrange and use a holster? Looking at the calendar for the club it still looks busy as ever nightly till 11pm..

You can as long as you got SOME holster cert (black badge, ppc, CAS, also organizing something at the club level - there was an interesting clinic held this weekend that I would have attended even though I got black badge, had I not had to undergo some surgery, that would have also qualified. You'd also need at least one person downrange with you and probably needs to be holster certified. I can usually barely scrape up the time to show up on league nights, so I rarely hit the range outside of those hours.

Back
Top Bottom