Good gun stories | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good gun stories

mob of violent thieving teens get shot by a CCW holder.
[video=youtube;ccv5oc77J8o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccv5oc77J8o#t=17[/video]

Amen.. I've never held a full auto firearm in my hands but even with semi-autos, when introducing adult new shooters to the sport, I'd start them off a few times with just one round loaded, then do 2, then do 5 and then let them run full magazines. That's when I'd CONSIDER loading 3rds for a couple of bursts if I had access to a fully automatic firearm.

What this instructor did was have the kid fire one round in semi-auto and then he flicked her selector switch to full auto on a firearm that has a very high rate of fire. The same would have happened to many adults unfamiliar with firearms. Even for myself (and I'm a reasonably experienced shooter), I'd be careful with the first few bursts and only load a few until I'm comfortable with that.

On a more positive note....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/04/woman-shoots-intruder-phoenix_n_5766460.html

I can't believe the glue-huffing post actually published a positive account of gun use :D

Even for myself (and I'm a reasonably experienced shooter), I'd be careful with the first few bursts and only load a few until I'm comfortable with that.

They're only 9mm, if you have a stock, you barely feel the recoil.

For the girl who shot her instructor, that gun had no stock & she didn't have the strength. But a fully abled adult should have no problem

For the girl who shot her instructor, that gun had no stock & she didn't have the strength. But a fully abled adult should have no problem

The sport is all about safety. The student should only do as much as he's comfortable with, as long as it's within the safety margins determined by the capable instructor. I've never fired a selective fire firearm, so I'd play it extra safe until I get the feel if I ever get the chance.

I shot an auto mp5 and its like a 22. But obviously an Uzi without a stock and in the hands of a 9 year old girl is completely different. The muzzle flip was out of control.

Stupidity all around...

True, however, it's actually less a matter of strength and more a matter of being prepared for the snapping/whip-like recoil that flicks your wrist upwards/backwards.
I've seen grown men shoot over the berm at close range (10 yards) the first time they pulled a trigger on a sterling submachine gun without the stock.

That instructor placed himself in the worst possible place and did not adequately prepare that girl for what to expect. He should have stayed behind, supported her wrists and kept the magazine limited to 2 shots for full auto.

[video]http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/09/dad-was-home-with-his-4-year-old-daughter-when-the-doorbell-rang-before-he-could-answer-it-he-realized-something-was-very-wrong/#[/video]

[video=youtube;-EgsW2vRn1g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EgsW2vRn1g[/video]

Lol nice! Most of these people would serve hard time in Canada for improper storage and other Firearms Act violations :(

[video=youtube;wIULtTA-T0U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIULtTA-T0U[/video]

An Englishman would laugh, but bottom line is that in functional and semi-functional society, legal gun owners are much more likely to act to protect the community, with or without guns. Even when some firearms spill over into the criminal element, cases of use of firearms to defend human life outnumber criminal uses by a factor of multiple dozens. Speaking of which...

Woman beheaded at Oklahoma food processing plant
Prison records indicate that the man suspected of beheading a co-worker at an Oklahoma food processing plant had spent time in prison and was on probation for assaulting a police officer.

Police say 30-year-old Alton Nolen is accused of stabbing two women Thursday at Vaughan Foods in Moore, an Oklahoma City suburb. One woman was killed, her head severed. The other is hospitalized.

'It could have gotten a lot worse.'
- Moore Police Sgt. Jeremy Lewis

Nolen, who was fired from the food processing plant, had beheaded a woman with a knife and was attacking another worker when he was shot and wounded by a company official, police said Friday.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/woman-beheaded-at-oklahoma-food-processing-plant-1.2778952

I'm not surprised that CBC did not allow commenting on this story... Ban knives!
Oh wait... Your people already regulated them.. I had to pass an age verification before ordering some kitchen knives from Sheffield :cool:

P.S. In the UK, a farmer was jailed for defending himself from a home invasion with a shotgun.. He was denied parole because the parole board thought he'd be likely to use a shotgun in case he suffered another home invasion :D

I don't doubt that in a lot of lawless countries guns do some good as well as harm. But then you have the cases where a gun owner shoots a thief, sometimes unarmed, which then equates to a sentence of death for robbery, judge, jury and executioner. Look at the other thread where we have 30 pages of conjecture because some people believe a cop pulled in front of a speeder killing the speeder. Justified (if true of course) outrage over a possible death sentence for speeding. Do you see any disconnect here? If you don't then you can say that in any situation where you may feel threatened you have the right to kill the person, even if that person is a speeder heading in your general direction.

Add to this that we hardly live in a lawless society in Canada, it's one of the safest in the world (partly why we have the "boring" label) and the fascination I see for using firearms for self defence really puzzles me. Believe me though, if I lived in Afghanistan, Iraq....heck, probably even parts of Detroit at a push, I'd probably find myself a tank to live in and be armed to the teeth.

I don't doubt that in a lot of lawless countries guns do some good as well as harm. But then you have the cases where a gun owner shoots a thief, sometimes unarmed, which then equates to a sentence of death for robbery, judge, jury and executioner.

I have a suggestion for the poor down and out person who was just trying to turn their life around......turn it around before you break and enter. ;)

Shooting someone in self defense isn't fair. Maybe they weren't gonna kill you! How will we ever know....

I don't doubt that in a lot of lawless countries guns do some good as well as harm.

Lol you REALLY have no knowledge of the country we live in...
1) We're a well-off third world country whose economy depends on natural resources and farming
2) Farmers need guns to protect their crops/livestock from pests/predators
3) Mining camps (especially exploration camps) need at least one guy with a rifle for predator defense. I've never stayed in a bush camp without at least one bear-chaser
That means that guns are essential to our economy.

Some other facts of life you may get curious about if the Queen and Cameron ever give you permission to open your eyes...
1) Defense of life and limb is a basic human right and if it isn't protected by law, it should be
2) If you take a look at the top 15 countries in terms of gun ownership, most of them will be at the bottom of the list of homicide rates per capita.. Specific examples: Serbia, Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, Norway, France, Canada, Austria, Iceland and Germany.

Bottom line: Allowing guns and allowing people to defend themselves with guns won't cause rivers of blood to stain your pretty clean streets.

Back
Top Bottom