Story time - | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Story time -

Looks sharp:thumbup:

As nice as the bike was in stock, this looks really nice. And I like the tan seat. Gives it some uniqueness.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

RIYBPu2h.jpg

That looked really good in natural sunlight @ Belfountain Saturday. Again, excellent job.

That looked really good in natural sunlight @ Belfountain Saturday. Again, excellent job.
Thanks! I'm can't recall if we exchanged hellos?

Unfortunately my left side cover flew off the day after I got the bike back. The bike just looks incomplete without them on.

I used to see those new in the showroom I think circa '77-81? They didn't sell very many of them so they were discontinued. It's an interesting bike. The Japanese threw money at product development back then. The result was liquid cooled v-twins, v-fours, turbo 6 cylinders, 5-valve heads, etc. They dumped those into the North American market at cheap prices and Harley Davidson filed suit against them alleging they were dumping product to wipe them out. The CBX is a great bike for the curiosity factor. Friends who rode them said they were very reliable.

Hey nice build. I'm working on a cafe myself (1982 cb900f) I'm in the building as I go stage so I can keep riding while working on it. I heard from a few people that there's a bike meet in Brampton at the north east corner of Queen and main every Mon night with a lot of vintage builds and a few cafe's. You should check it out, I'm hoping to go tomorrow as well

Roadgost, that's interesting to know. There are a few of these around but I've only met two owners so far.
Hey nice build. I'm working on a cafe myself (1982 cb900f) I'm in the building as I go stage so I can keep riding while working on it. I heard from a few people that there's a bike meet in Brampton at the north east corner of Queen and main every Mon night with a lot of vintage builds and a few cafe's. You should check it out, I'm hoping to go tomorrow as well
Oh? Nice. I might check this out tomorrow. What time?

Roadgost, that's interesting to know. There are a few of these around but I've only met two owners so far.

Oh? Nice. I might check this out tomorrow. What time?

Saw something on fb. City of Brampton has something to do with it. Rose Theatre area. I think around 6-7. But not sure if it was summer only.

Edit: Motorcycle Mondays on fb. Hosted by BMA. No details on future dates. Sorry, I can't figure out how to add the link.

Last edited:
3 suggestions

1. if you are adding the new round Honda logo then consider adding the Honda (word badge) to the rear side covers

or

2. I think it would look better if you got a color matched (to the seat) old style Honda logo with the wings or the just the lines that look like the wings on the gas tank.

3. mount your plate to the side of your shock, turn it the long way on stick on the left side

wow!! bike looks awesome. I remember seeing your bike at Adrians shop a few times during the build and was always curious as to how it turned out. Good job... I'm with you on the colour combo; grey and brown looks slick!!

3 suggestions

1. if you are adding the new round Honda logo then consider adding the Honda (word badge) to the rear side covers

or

2. I think it would look better if you got a color matched (to the seat) old style Honda logo with the wings or the just the lines that look like the wings on the gas tank.

3. mount your plate to the side of your shock, turn it the long way on stick on the left side
All good suggestions, thank you.

I am still throwing around ideas for the emblems. I like the wing idea - it's something I previously thought of as well. Perhaps if I can find a small adhesive set for cheap.

I'd like to get the word Skyler put on the side in raised/embossed writing, but not sure how I can make that happen for a reasonable cost.

How are you finding the seating position after modifying your seat and replacing with clipons?

Also it looks like you also took a passenger. How well does that work with your kind of seat?

I personally love the Honda as painted on this bike:

5b9be5f06377e54f69c218a71578f897.jpg

Good looking scoot. All the right ingredients. Good to see tire engineering finally take a back seat to styling. That road holding rubber can really mess up clean lines.

The seating position is not nearly as bad as it looks. Since the geometry of the bike is horizontal, as opposed to my old SS which sloped down towards the front, I don't slip forward into the tank unless under heavy braking. The wrists get a little bit of pressure since the top half of my body is hunched over, but I don't find it any more of a pain than my previous SS.

I really like the clipon set-up. Feels more "manly" for the lack of a better word.

Regarding passenger seating... not so good. The rear end of the seat (hump) is much harder and therefore not good for any riding over 20 mins.
I have to figure out something for the GF next season.

Cool, I'll be doing some mods too, but I'm still thinking about clip ons or clubmans.
I've had a few sports bikes and on my 636 I ended up inverting my clipons. It was more comfortable but I don't know how that'd look on a cafe racer.
Its much easier to handle the bike with handle bars vs clipons. I kind of want a hybrid cafe lol.

Also considering what to do about the tail end and seat as I want to be able to accommodate a passenger.

I also noticed you don't have any gauges, like tach or speedo? What is up with that?

This is what I have to work with. An 81 CB750
IMG_20141005_103418372_zps1a3f0769.jpg

Back
Top Bottom