Dual Sport Plus retirement. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dual Sport Plus retirement.

Greg.crx

Just saw on their Facebook page that they will be closing due to retirement. Very sad to see this company go. Great people. They said they will be having a retirement sale starting April 30 - the closing day of June 21.

Popped in January to pick up couple tires, was shocked to see Les outside puffin a butt. I thought they had sold and retired south in the fall. Strange that nobody's taking over. End of an era, been dealing with Les since early 80's @ Brutune Racing.

All done....

Last edited:
i hope not, they took a deposit on an exhaust system from me,

lucky2, I'm sure you'll have your exhaust before they close the shop in late June.

Sad to see them close, but good on them for following a dream.

lucky2, I'm sure you'll have your exhaust before they close the shop in late June.

Sad to see them close, but good on them for following a dream.

thanks, sets my mind at ease

Good for them. Sad to loose a great local shop but they are good people who did a lot for the mc community.

They have plans for a relaxed Around the World tour, and now they can get started on it.

Apparently they had plans to sell of the business to someone...papers signed and all...new owners never showed up for the keys....

I would have thought that legally..after signing you could not just walk away like that..

Apparently they had plans to sell of the business to someone...papers signed and all...new owners never showed up for the keys....

I would have thought that legally..after signing you could not just walk away like that..

I said to Les "I didn't expect to see you here". He said "Don't ask" Which I found refreshing because most people just want to yak your ear off. Bench racing with Les was always a hit and miss deal.

This was posted on advrider.com

To: Dual Sport Plus Customers and friends.
We would like to take this opportunity to send a note to everyone who has supported Dualsportplus over the past six years.
This was a completely new adventure for both Les and myself. When we started this little hobby back in March of 2008, we started off in the front section of a small storefront. We had a handful of “Farlkes” and a bit of apparel.
Over the years we have become friends with many customers-some are almost family. Les and I have been blessed with meeting some amazing folk who have travelled the world. We never anticipated that our little hobby would expand our circle or grow to the size that it has.
This past year has been a struggle. We had the opportunity to meet many travellers again and here so many amazing tales. Then it hit us. We were no longer having fun, and it had become hard work. Something in our hearts was telling us it is time, to wind down.
When we mentioned to a few friends we were looking to retire and sell, an offer came in, but as time passed our legal team knew this first deal would not pan out. We had a feeling these guys just weren’t right for what the store had to offer. They lacked the passion. Then a few weeks later our doorbell rang. In walked a young fellow with dreams and Aspirations of he and his brothers owning our business. We chatted and made the decision that these lads were the real deal. They were Les only younger & stronger. Les and I were happy to introduce to our customers to the new Dream team that we thought would take Dual Sport Plus to new business professional level. But it was not to be.
Legal documents were signed and they were to take the reins in December on Friday 13th, 2013. Sadly the trio did not show up to take keys. There was no activity to open the doors to the new business they seemed so enthusiastic to take over.
Absolutely no explanation was given.
It left Les and I crushed, devastated beyond belief. Our bikes were packed and ready to ride.
Customers/friends started to come by to say farewell and congrats to the new owners. Les had to be taken home as he was mentally and physical in distress.
But as I went home that night on the bus, some thing hit me. We still had a house. We still had friends. Most of all we still had each other, and health. I was determined to make it through this. As few friends sent text, I replied trying to explain what happen.
A friend in the industry called and told me that we would survive this- we had to if we were going to be world travellers. As he said, we would come across situations on the road that could be much more devastating or difficult to deal with.
Christmas was two weeks away so we set out to enjoy it with a few friends and family. They helped us get through a rough period.
As 2014 started to roll in we made a pack: to build Dual Sport up to where it once was. And that is what we did.
But it has come now to make the decision to wind down and let our dreams take over. We are making plans for the No Agenda World Tour”
With heavy hearts we announce the “Big Dual Sport Plus” Retirement Sale It will start Wednesday April 30th until our doors close on Saturday June 21st 2014.
Thank you again. We could not have accomplished what we did without you. Now we will enter the next phase of our lives.
Sincerely
Les Clarke & Catharine St Denis.

I am very sad to hear this, but wish them all the best as they pursue their passion. They were a fantastic shop to deal with, always stood by their product and knew what they were talking about. This leaves a very big hole in the motorcycle shop community.

If you owned a RG or RZ 500 back in the day ... Les and Brutune were the (what can i say here?) ... When I was 16 I had brand new RZ500 ... the first of many to follow ... then I purchased a Gamma ... enough said ;) ... but Les and Brutune were my saviours! Even though it was quite a trip to get there, once I did I didn't want to leave. Purely Divine!

Friend wants to sell me (I asked to get first dibs :) a 2005 KTM 250 exc smoker and wanted to talk to Les about the possibility of making it road legal.

Just now went to find him only to come across this thread. There is a better way of saying "heartbreak" that I am feeling now. Can anyone give me some sage advice or help me contact him, or at least his new adventure for surly he's still scooting it?

Ciao,
duka

I wonder if all this had something to do with moving the show to Brantford ?
I'm sad to see them close the doors, Les and his brother Glenn go way back in Canadian motorcycling BUT I'm glad to hear Les is moving along.

If you owned a RG or RZ 500 back in the day ... Les and Brutune were the (what can i say here?) ... When I was 16 I had brand new RZ500 ... the first of many to follow ... then I purchased a Gamma ... enough said ;) ... but Les and Brutune were my saviours! Even though it was quite a trip to get there, once I did I didn't want to leave. Purely Divine!

Friend wants to sell me (I asked to get first dibs :) a 2005 KTM 250 exc smoker and wanted to talk to Les about the possibility of making it road legal.

Just now went to find him only to come across this thread. There is a better way of saying "heartbreak" that I am feeling now. Can anyone give me some sage advice or help me contact him, or at least his new adventure for surly he's still scooting it?

Ciao,
duka

I was just at DSP couple hours ago. I heard one side of a phone conversation where Tom said Les is in Panama. Were you the persistent caller on the other end of the line?;)

Last edited:
This is out of date.
From the website:

Dualsport Plus was saved from retirement by Carrier Centers in June 2014. Carrier Centers Motorcycles began operating as an Ontario trials store in 2013, offering trial and enduro bikes,road bikes, OEM and aftermarket parts, as well as apparel from both Mots and S3. As a Carrier Centers company, Dualsport Plus will carry all of the top of the line products DSP is known for, including Altrider, Jesse Luggage, and REV’IT!, and will begin offering bikes, parts, accessories and apparel for trials and enduro riders.

The DSP team is thrilled to be able to offer you everything you need to start, or continue, your adventure. Every member of the team is an avid adventure rider; their passion for riding is evident as soon as you meet them. Clint MacBride and Colton Long are seasoned trials riders, who began riding as children, and continue riding to this day. Stop by the shop, and you may see them riding their bikes up the side of the building!

Holy dead thread revival batman.

Les and Catherine retired and sold the shop (story above) some time ago. To begin a RTW trip. I believe They'll be back in town this summer again to attend the Overland Adenture Rally.
DSP is still running with their mechanic Rick in Brantford.

Catherine is on Facebook you'd have to contact her to talk to Les, though I'm thinking if the bike was never registered for the road you can never make it road legal now. That changed quite a while back. 2 stroke or not.

Back
Top Bottom