VFR for dirt... | GTAMotorcycle.com

VFR for dirt...

stevie t

HONDAVFR1200XCrossTourer2014HighlanderAccessory.jpg

First time seeing this...Looks interesting...

Hmmm, 800 v4?
What about these, both based off the fz9 power plant?
yrujyzu2.jpg

da6uja8u.jpg

Yikes! On closer look at that honda picture, I don't see a shifter! Is that the Crosstour?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yikes! It's an automatic.....I did not know that...maybe in a decade or so....does it come with a manual trans as well?

Considering I'm selling my DRZ because it's too heavy for off-road, I think these type of bikes are just silly.

As for the automatic I wouldn't have a huge problem, but what type of automatic. The bike I'm getting has a rekluse clutch, which means there's no clutch needed for shifting, that is kind of like automatic. But would that be totally automatic, like no gears to shift at all, or would it be more like a car where you have the option but don't have to.

These types of bikes aren't silly, they're ideal for their intended purpose. Load up and do the trans lab route. Run one through Arizona, New Mexico. They are not Ontario single track machines. I actually raced my drz (signals, plates and all) in the Off-road Ontario series and took home a first, two third place and a fourth my first season. The following year I got more serious and bought a ktm 200 2t, fantastic woods bike.

These types of bikes aren't silly, they're ideal for their intended purpose. Load up and do the trans lab route. Run one through Arizona, New Mexico. They are not Ontario single track machines. I actually raced my drz (signals, plates and all) in the Off-road Ontario series and took home a first, two third place and a fourth my first season. The following year I got more serious and bought a ktm 200 2t, fantastic woods bike.

Buddy was on an EXC in one of my MX classes on Sunday. I tell ya, it's a bit weird to do a 180 turn and see a headlight coming down the track. I'd rather be beat by a girl than to have a trail bike beat me on the track considering all the work that is in my bike.

An exc isnt exactly a "trail bike", but it's far from a purpose built mx'er as well so I hear ya. Getting beat by a girl on crf230f would be really sad.

Not for dirt ... LOL ... plus I don't think you can buy that bike in Canada anyways.

Back
Top Bottom