Shannonville this weekend- NEED Water bottles. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shannonville this weekend- NEED Water bottles.

Ya we're trying,,but I think maybe we got it together a little too late.
But hopefully,,,we can get something up.

Boys have asked their high school of 1100 to hold recycle water bottles for us. I will see what we get.

I don't have a lot of room but I could probably manage 1-2 garbage bags of bottles.

If someone at SOAR has any to donate I can help get them up to Shannonville (or where ever??)

Thanks everyone. We got the bags so it's 'Game ON"
We need a lot to get this going.

I think we can use even bigger bottles ,3 liter,milk,juice. But clear bags are best then we don't have to sort through them we can just drop them in.
But if you don't have clear green bags are fine.
Thanks

Hey John, I just did an oil change tonight and thought "Hey these Amsoil bottles are pretty soft and have tight lids", would those be okay too?

How so? Juice left in bottles will eventually turn to alcohol... :p

I don't see a problem. If need be we can rinse them. Actually thinking of putting larger jugs in the middle with water bottles on the front/back.
We need so many bottles.
If someone is thinking of fire,,well haybales get real ugly when the light up. Everything has it's problems,,air fence,, you don't want to see the inside of that.

Unfortunately many people didn't get the concept that the barrels were meant for empty plastic bottles only. I saw a fair bit of regular garbage tossed into them, when I was depositing my bottles over the weekend.

I think that they need some sort of cover on them with a smaller hole that accommodates bottles only, painted with "THIS IS NOT A GARBAGE CAN!" in big red letters.

I don't see a problem. If need be we can rinse them. Actually thinking of putting larger jugs in the middle with water bottles on the front/back.
We need so many bottles.
If someone is thinking of fire,,well haybales get real ugly when the light up. Everything has it's problems,,air fence,, you don't want to see the inside of that.

Okay, so I'll keep them for now and add them to my collection.

I was thinking more the enviro angle.

Good point. I looked up the Amsoil MCF MSDS and it state in section 3 no risk to environment, but then section 6 has some environmental cleanup instructions. For small spills (empty bottles) the cleanup is minor. It seems fairly benign in the quantities we're talking about, but probably still better safe than sorry. That's all we need is for someone to say the new safety bags are damaging the environment...

Unfortunately many people didn't get the concept that the barrels were meant for empty plastic bottles only. I saw a fair bit of regular garbage tossed into them, when I was depositing my bottles over the weekend.

I think that they need some sort of cover on them with a smaller hole that accommodates bottles only, painted with "THIS IS NOT A GARBAGE CAN!" in big red letters.

We noticed that. I think I'll get a sheet of plywood and put lids on with a small hole.

How about WWAF (windshield washer anti freeze) bottles and the like? More air in them. I just screwed the top on an mt one and stood on the side, no leaks and did not collapse.

Paul Dewey

How about WWAF (windshield washer anti freeze) bottles and the like? More air in them. I just screwed the top on an mt one and stood on the side, no leaks and did not collapse.

Paul Dewey

I tossed in 5 of them, hoping that they would be useful.

I just took 5 of those to the dump, full of old oil... I will have some empty 4L water jugs soon, after a coolant flush. Going to Ganaraska tomorrow and we will be keeping our spent water bottles. Hopefully I'll have a garbage bag full that can be delivered to John at GBM next weekend.

YES YES AND YES,, We need so many bottles. So bring them all. We can clean or pitch them as we see fit. The big windshield washer jugs I think might work as a middle layer.
So we need it all!

YES YES AND YES,, We need so many bottles. So bring them all. We can clean or pitch them as we see fit. The big windshield washer jugs I think might work as a middle layer.
So we need it all!

While you are there have a look inside the tires that are in front of the marshal stations. Last time I was there they were FULL of old water bottles.

John we have an continuous supply of empty oil bottles at work.

Let me know.
9u6ybe2u.jpg

Back
Top Bottom