Shannonville this weekend- NEED Water bottles. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shannonville this weekend- NEED Water bottles.

Bickle Racing

Site Supporter
Anybody traveling to Shannonville for the RACE test weekend,, please bring empty water bottles,Gatorade,Juice, with lids on.
Please put them in a garbage bag and bring them to the Bickle Racing trailer.
We have about 80 bags to fill.
We're looking to cover the last corner and the exit of one. May take a bit but at least we're moving
forward!

Thanks ,
John
CRSF

We are collecting them but I don't think we will be there as the team leader hasn't got everything ready to go yet.

We are collecting them but I don't think we will be there as the team leader hasn't got everything ready to go yet.

Is that not what Red Bull is for;). I don't think you have a fear of being fired though.

Not sure. GB may need some bags for the go kart track but there has not been any issues or concerns where they would be needed at SOAR.
I won't be hauling bottles but we may have some bags we can fill there.

I'm moving soon and have more empty cases of beer than I'd like to drop off...probably get a couple 24's at least. Want me to bring em??

Hold on...you're looking to cover a corner? Are you bagging em and using em kinda like hay bales? I thought they were to recycle...

Last edited:
I'm not sure how many it takes to fill a bag yet. But we need a lot!
I figure about 300 water bottles a bag. We can reduce that with bigger bottles.
They have used everything but water bottles in Shuby. So they used detergent bottles,milk,juice, anything.
They worked fine.

Hi John. I'm not likely to see you at Shannonville very often this year, but probably at Grand Bend. If I brought a garbage bag full of bottles to GBM would you be able to take them with you? I know you're pretty fully loaded when you come to the track...

If we put out a recycling bin marked "plastic bottles only" every weekend we should be able to collect quite a few. I haven't been saving mine all winter because I don't have the space but I'll start now. I'll ask a few neighbors to keep theirs for me too to make up for my winter recycling.

Hi John. I'm not likely to see you at Shannonville very often this year, but probably at Grand Bend. If I brought a garbage bag full of bottles to GBM would you be able to take them with you? I know you're pretty fully loaded when you come to the track...

As long as they are in a bag I should be able to take some,for sure.. Or we may use them at GB. We disussed using the bags for a few go kart issues so either way,, they'll get used.

Okay, I'll try to do what I can. As to what dricked suggested, we usually go through nearly a 24 of water at each track day so if everybody tossed them in a common bin it sure would add up fast!

If we put out a recycling bin marked "plastic bottles only" every weekend we should be able to collect quite a few. I haven't been saving mine all winter because I don't have the space but I'll start now. I'll ask a few neighbors to keep theirs for me too to make up for my winter recycling.

Once we get the system up and running we should be able to get the tracks to supply us barrels for plastic bottles only. We should be able to fill
them in no time,,I hope. Need everyone's support. Hoping to do work with Shannonville,GB,Mosport and St. Eustache this year. If some funding comes that we are working on the plan is to buy some bags for all tracks across Canada. If a track day provider needs help we'll do what we can to help them. But you need to get your track owner to buy in. I don't expect this to be the latest greatest. But I'm tired of seeing decaying bales or no bales. Will we need to keep working on this ,,all the time. It never stops. Come on guys/girls,,, lets get that safety curve going in the right direction.

Okay, I'll try to do what I can. As to what dricked suggested, we usually go through nearly a 24 of water at each track day so if everybody tossed them in a common bin it sure would add up fast!
I know this has nothing to do with the road course at GB but I'm think these would work well at the end of the drag track. Just another back up to the "Holy Crap" moments.
So we'll use them some where,, THANKS!

Hey Bic, have you contacted the region or waste management? I may be mistaken but I believe they cost money to recycle unlike metal and cardboard that pays. Might just get all you need in one stop. If I am right they will be happy to help you repurpose them rather than grind them up to make whatever it is they make with them. Just a thought.

Hey Bic, have you contacted the region or waste management? I may be mistaken but I believe they cost money to recycle unlike metal and cardboard that pays. Might just get all you need in one stop. If I am right they will be happy to help you repurpose them rather than grind them up to make whatever it is they make with them. Just a thought.

Yes,,That's what Shuby did. Just s bit in the deep end right now,,, it's that time of year,,, I'm waiting for a reply to see how we do that.
I'd rather buy more bags then rent a truck unless we have to. Thanks,,

Back
Top Bottom