Today, I rode a Harley | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Today, I rode a Harley

What's the world coming to that you have to ask for this. Before it was just a given :lmao:

For content. I don't like harleys either but I'd rock the hell out of this one. Mostly because it's a stunning machine but partly because even harley guys don't like v rods

a2fabf3c359049a798dc03b0cacb2a1c.jpg
Badass.

Oh man this thread makes me think about how much I love my Superglide. Anyone wanna race? You will probably win, and I definitely won't give a ****.

Oh man this thread makes me think about how much I love my Superglide. Anyone wanna race? You will probably win, and I definitely won't give a ****.

That is exactly how I feel. Not that I have Harley. However, I don`t have anything to prove either. Obviously nor do you. Why should we care what others think. High Five.

Let's put tech and specs off to the side.
The fact is there is a lot of ugly ass bikes out there from many manufacturers but the solid majority of ugly bikes are from H D . Sure I guess it turns some people on, and there is one or two I really don't mind like the xr1200, but the HD crowd tends to ignore those few decent looking HD's avaliable.

But they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I love the looks of my old black/red/orange 750f. Others refuse to be seen around it.
Im loving the new FZ-09 so much im thinking of selling my current ride to help get one.

I just keep coming to the conclusion of love what YOU ride. Let everyone else worry about their own ride.

BUT QUIET DOWN YOUR PIPES PEOPLE. ALL OF YOU!

Let's put tech and specs off to the side.
The fact is there is a lot of ugly *** bikes out there from many manufacturers but the solid majority of ugly bikes are from H D . Sure I guess it turns some people on, and there is one or two I really don't mind like the xr1200, but the HD crowd tends to ignore those few decent looking HD's avaliable.

But they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I love the looks of my old black/red/orange 750f. Others refuse to be seen around it.
Im loving the new FZ-09 so much im thinking of selling my current ride to help get one.

I just keep coming to the conclusion of love what YOU ride. Let everyone else worry about their own ride.

BUT QUIET DOWN YOUR PIPES PEOPLE. ALL OF YOU!

Like you said, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think you might find yourself in the minority about what constitutes a beautiful bike. i see more HD's and HD looking cruisers than anything else, so they must have the most general appeal and other find them far less ugly than you. At least here in NA or even Canada, sport bike riders would not be in the majority.

Sorry dude, and I ride one of the most controversially ugly in the eyes of many sport bikes you can find. But to me I just think it is a thing of beauty

I love my loud pipes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love my loud pipes.

Me too ! even if I'm in their blind spot, they KNOW I'm there ! I used to ride by the Shell station at Green Lane and Yonge in Newmarket and set off the car alarms in their parking lot ... a good blip on the throttle would do it every time ! Cheers , Les
(I know..... I need to grow up !!!! )

The commercial would make a good movie trailer for the prequel to Mad Max; for both the machines and the colourful characters riding them.

Hey I was big into SS, and still am, but you reach a point where you want to try something new, and I did, picked up a chopper and it's a total beast, love it just as much as my R6 or GSXR750. I think the problem with most cruiser type bikes is they're boring looking. I don't know why they don't make more sportier or chopper looking bikes, the Honda Fury was the only one to come out with something like this and still it could use more work.

Hey I was big into SS, and still am, but you reach a point where you want to try something new, and I did, picked up a chopper and it's a total beast, love it just as much as my R6 or GSXR750. I think the problem with most cruiser type bikes is they're boring looking. I don't know why they don't make more sportier or chopper looking bikes, the Honda Fury was the only one to come out with something like this and still it could use more work.

Interesting article on what sells for Harley Davidson and what demographic they appeal to.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2014/04/...arley-davidson-street-glide-special-breakout/

Interestingly the article says they sell well in the young demographic. The Breakout is their top selling model, which is the classic low-slung hardtail look.

The Breakout is their top selling model, which is the classic low-slung hardtail look.

Is it? I've never seen one on the road. Kind of reminds me of BMW once upon a time saying the R1200C was their best seller. I've seen only one on the road. I wouldn't put it past HD to say that to create buzz.

Interesting article on what sells for Harley Davidson and what demographic they appeal to.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2014/04/...arley-davidson-street-glide-special-breakout/

Interestingly the article says they sell well in the young demographic. The Breakout is their top selling model, which is the classic low-slung hardtail look.

Of course, so they can feel all "SAMCRO"! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting I have never watched a SOA episode and those two bikes are my favorite from HD. To me they are their two what i would consider cool bikes.

All the big-beard, denim-vested urban Pabst slingers I see ride Sportsters after giving up on their vintage Honda projects that they can never get to run well.

I just bought one (a 08 Dyna Custom). My thoughts have definitely gone 180 degrees on them over the last 10 years. When I started I thought they were stupid and made no sense. Why would anyone ride a harley over my r6?? a number of things have led to my change of heart.

1) Back in 05 I did a RFS with GTAM and cruising in the parade at 60 km for 3 hours was pure torture on a sportbike, all the harley guys were loving it. That led to the thought that riding style and buddies definitely influences what you like.
2) My knees suck. I could not find anything that I sit on for more than 30 min without having to have my legs straight. Pretty much it's cruisers or nothing
3) I like to customize, (cars, bikes, pc's, stereo's) most bikes are easy to customize but harley's entire strategy is to make money on your customizing the bike. it's kind of overwhelming the amount of things you can do to them.... and that's part of the fun
4) the 12k plus to buy a used harley was out of my reach 8 years ago, funny how being able to afford something changes your perspective on the sillyness of the purchase.
5) HD makes it really easy to rent a harley pretty much anywhere, so what riding I've done over the past 5 years has been on various HD's in vancouver, Vegas, and LA... and there definitely is something about them!
6) a buddy has a 2013 fatbob (103 ci motor) as well as an r1. We were switching back and forth while riding together last year, I was on the r1 and he just took off on the fatbob from a stop. I was definitely not used to the r1, but regardless, the performance of that fatbob surprised me! I then followed him through some twisties and we definitely both had a good time! (he has subsequently sold the r1)

So I guess my thought is that when I was younger I wanted something different and they weren't what I was looking for but they seem to interest me now. We shall see what I think after a season on it (if they suck I'm sure someone will pay me decent money for it anyway!).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom