Today, I rode a Harley | GTAMotorcycle.com

Today, I rode a Harley

Pete5000

Site Supporter
Demo day, I went out and tried a Switchback. I don't get it. There's millions of Harley riders and I don't intend to bug you but... Why? It vibrates like a bad 60's vibro bed, it's super slow, and it made me feel like I was going to drop it on a 90 degree intersection. Maybe you Harley peeps can explain

I don't ride a Harley but not everyone rides to go low in corners or hit 100 in first gear. For some of us its about the look of the bike, and yeah maybe a bit of cool factor as well.

I rode a switchback at a demo day a couple years ago, it was nicely finished, good looking bike, solid as a tank, it's just not for me. I was surprised how light it felt, the weight is way low compared to the bike's I've had, so I didn't find it hard to hold up or ride at all.

Never rode one and never will (not my kind of a bike), but the way I have understood it is that people don't buy them for their technical qualities (power, smooth engine ...) or handling abilities ..... but rather for the lifestyle associated with the brand. Has that changed?

Where was it at? I was at a Honda Demo day at Hully Gully. They had a Shadow Phantom, Valkyrie, Gold Wing, Stateliner and CTX700N for touring/cruisers.

Never rode one and never will (not my kind of a bike), but the way I have understood it is that people don't buy them for their technical qualities (power, smooth engine ...) or handling abilities ..... but rather for the lifestyle associated with the brand. Has that changed?

Maybe. They're trying anyway.

pope_2700869b.jpg

tumblr_mwo6e2Tk8g1rys913o1_500.jpg

harleydavidson2.jpg

I could never in a million years fit into that crowd(no tats and I don't have a gut) but if I had to buy a Harley it would be an XR1200 from a couple years ago.

Always hated Harleys. Rode a friends Fatboy/bob? Loved it.

Demo day, I went out and tried a Switchback. I don't get it. There's millions of Harley riders and I don't intend to bug you but... Why? It vibrates like a bad 60's vibro bed, it's super slow, and it made me feel like I was going to drop it on a 90 degree intersection. Maybe you Harley peeps can explain

Relax, you're just not ready yet. I went from decades of SS to a Sportster 1200, love it, have ground the pegs to ****, don't plan on changing it for a while but if I ever do will probably look at a Breakout or V-Rod.

BTW I'm fit, handsome and no tats.

And I wear a full-face...

Last edited:
It's just a taste thing. Lots of riders (my dad included) look at sport bikes and scratch their heads. They just don't get it. Bikes are just like women, there's one out there to satisfy every taste.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

BTW I'm fit, handsome and no tats.
Lmao, just my kind of man :)

i expected to to get slagged for this post, but yes, there is the image. I was so out of place as I wasn't wearing all clothing that said Harley on it.

Lmao, just my kind of man :)

i expected to to get slagged for this post, but yes, there is the image. I was so out of place as I wasn't wearing all clothing that said Harley on it.

after this response i'd expect you to like the vibration that the bike made, that you said in another post earlier

Same could be said about a good chunk of SS owners. LIFESTYLE, posing cred, bragging...

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS

Back
Top Bottom