Dunlop Roadsmart 2 problem | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dunlop Roadsmart 2 problem

silverbullet132

IMG-20140424-WA0015_zpsvozylt8s.jpg

15,000kms & tire was put on around a year ago, pretty sure it has a 2012 date code. There is tonnes of cracking in the tread and it is all DEEP and long cracks. Any reason why it would do this? Is there a chance of a warranty claim?

Take them back to where you bought em. Ask them. I had a pirelli that tore at the seam where it was molded together. Wasn't covered but got a smoking deal on a new set trying to please the customer.

That looks like damage from flexing the tire when it was frozen, think stacked 30 high in a container. Probably occurred before you bought the tire. Go back to where you bought them.

IMG-20140424-WA0015_zpsvozylt8s.jpg

15,000kms & tire was put on around a year ago, pretty sure it has a 2012 date code. There is tonnes of cracking in the tread and it is all DEEP and long cracks. Any reason why it would do this? Is there a chance of a warranty claim?
I had a set of bridgestones wit the same issue, after a "chat" with their tech guys they said it was ok to ride on. I had to remind them that you can not safety a bike with cracked rubber , also if it blew out on me we would be having a different talk, and lawyers would be involved
following day I had new tyres installed and balanced . s

Bought it at Gp bikes, their offer was to buy a new one at $140 +90$ install, and they would send this back to Dunlop hoping for the best.

Update: They offered to install for $45. Hopefully this isn't a difficult warranty process.

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Another update...rear tire is starting to crack just the same. Pretty sure I am out of luck on that one as it has an internal patch for a nail I caught on the 427.

I had a set of bridgestones wit the same issue, after a "chat" with their tech guys they said it was ok to ride on. I had to remind them that you can not safety a bike with cracked rubber , also if it blew out on me we would be having a different talk, and lawyers would be involved
following day I had new tyres installed and balanced . s

Not according to Snow City....

Back
Top Bottom