Bridgestone batt lax , is it me or the tire ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bridgestone batt lax , is it me or the tire ?

danielzak1990

I know ive been posting a lot of noobie questions lately. So my 2011 gsxr600 has stock batt lax tires on it , And man do these tires slide, i had the itch to ride so i went out twice this week, Im new to the sport bikes so this may be my in expiernce . Even after ridding for about 7-8 km i was coming to a stop and used both brakes like always the rear locked up on me, and that happened more than once, also when i was more agresside on the throttle in first it broke loose on me. Is it the weather? The tires ? Or simply me?
The tire looks like in good shape , has 7000km on it.
Also i will be getting new tires soon , which ones? I hear a lot of good things about the michelin pilot power3.

It is 100% you don't use the rear brake on clean pavement on a sport bike, and let the tire warm up any cold tire will spin easy.

I've had those tires installed by the previous owner of my bike. I really hated those tires. Really slippery when cold. I won't recommend Dunlop too

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Yep, I've done that a few times on my bike wen I first got it. Cold weather + cold ground + cold tires + speed + rear brakes = lock up and slide lol

I've had those tires installed by the previous owner of my bike. I really hated those tires. Really slippery when cold. I won't recommend Dunlop too

My Dunlops are just fine, thank you very much

So many tire experts on these forums... come to think of it, there are experts on every motorcycle topic.... actually there are experts on everything in life in here

My Dunlops are just fine, thank you very much

So many tire experts on these forums... come to think of it, there are experts on every motorcycle topic.... actually there are experts on everything in life in here

I won't take them if they were free.
You have your opinion I have mines. Just because you're sponsored by them doesn't make it the best

I won't take them if they were free.
You have your opinion I have mines. Just because you're sponsored by them doesn't make it the best

No one sponsors my street bike, like you said you have your opinion which is just that, I can make any tire slip and slide depending on how i ride it.

Last edited:
+1 to PP3s. Got them installed recently and absolutely loving it. Took a bit to get used to how responsive they were.

The stock BT016s are very slippery when cold. I remember fishtailing a lot when downshifting in -5 weather when I first got my GSXR; it's not you but stay off the rear brake till it gets warmer.

No one sponsors my street bike...
I'm not referring to your street bike.
Nice evasive maneuver
Any particular model, or all Dunlops? :confused:

I just got a set of Sportmax Q3, but admittedly haven't put any real mileage on them yet.

Carbon Fiber reinforced sidewalls??
No thanks, I'll take steel any day

I'm not referring to your street bike.
Nice evasive maneuver
?? Are we not talking about street riding? I have Dunlops on my street bike.

Anyways, continue on, not having a tire argument with you.

Maybe you can be more specific when bashing a brand and give people details of why you don't like the tires instead of making blanket statements, I don't like peanut butter and wont recommend peanut butter but millions of kids in the world do just fine with peanut butter, get it!

And thanks for the no rear brake tip, its still the motocross rider in me. I have a feeling when i jump on the dirtbike im gonna use the front brake lol
Front brake on a dirtbike = trouble lol

Back
Top Bottom