Switching from Off Road to On Road Registration | GTAMotorcycle.com

Switching from Off Road to On Road Registration

RobCdn

I just sold my bike and I have my eye on a new (for me bike).
However the bike is currently registered as 'off road'.
According to Ontario Services I will need to bring in the ownership, which they then need to use to 'check with Kingston' to see if it can be changed to on road.

The bike is only 1 year old, and only has about 50Km on it. It is sold as an on road bike (it's a Honda Grom)

Does anyone have experience with this?
The deal sounds too good to be true, which means that it usually is, and I'm worried that if I get the bike I won't be able to get it registered for on road use.

It has enough VIN digits to be registered as on road and no "Off road use only" on it so it should be no problem registering it. There was a recent thread about this with another bike that was switched to green plate (off road only) then switched back to blue plate (dual purpose)

The reason one would go for off road is cheaper insurance and maybe less taxes at the MTO when registering..

Last edited:
(FROM WHAT IVE HEARD): bikes that are plated for off road cannot be plated on road anymore.
(FROM WHAT I KNOW): If the bike was previously on the road.. then u can get a safety and be on the road again. Also, the ownership paper must be for the "highway traffic act".
Your best bet is to ask the seller for safety.. alot of the guys selling "blue plated" bikes wont sell them saftied

Back
Top Bottom