LOL Good Luck Mr. Police Man | GTAMotorcycle.com

LOL Good Luck Mr. Police Man

Yeah but unless the cop has a plate # and a good description of the bike and rider as soon as he loses sight he can't prove who that was! :D

Yeah but unless the cop has a plate # and a good description of the bike and rider as soon as he loses sight he can't prove who that was! :D

True here in Ontario. But in a few US jurisdictions all the officer needs is the plate # as the registered owner is required to provide info as to who was operating the vehicle if they refuse then they take the hit. Fortunately even in the US they are prevented from using spike strips on bikes..lol

True here in Ontario. But in a few US jurisdictions all the officer needs is the plate # as the registered owner is required to provide info as to who was operating the vehicle if they refuse then they take the hit. Fortunately even in the US they are prevented from using spike strips on bikes..lol

The motorcycle was stolen officer, i just noticed now :D

black bikes and black gear, going to be hard to id them. This is also one of the reasons I like the concept of a dual sport. In the event that you have to, you can go into the grass to potentially avoid traffic and/or pursuit

I dont know why people always say the radio will catch up to you! by the time they can radio and for another car to respond you are long gone. not to glorify or condone such behaviour but that's just the reality of it.
the percentage of people caught while in a motorcycle chase with police is extremely low unless the rider crashes or looses it.

The police also aren't allowed to pursue at speeds of 160+ as it presents a danger to the general public.

The police also aren't allowed to pursue at speeds of 160+ as it presents a danger to the general public.

Incorrect.

And by using the radio, it isnt a smoke signal that takes minutes. One call over the radio, and a car could be placed or already near the highway.
In the city its alot easier as there are multiple cars .. this aint GTA 5 for the PS3 fellas...

Never understood why they even try at those speeds. Radio or not good luck. I don't condone doing that but being realistic that cop isn't catching those bikes

again, not promoting or condoning this type of behavior but it is even worse in the city that they cant catch you unless you loose it.
although there is the possibility for more police cars, there is also more traffic and turns possible. bikes accelerate fast enough and can maneuver enough to evade. I'm sure if someone would actually produce stats it would show that far more bikes get away than get caught.

again. just stating the reality of things and not condoning running from the police or riding like a maniac.

aaaahahaa that video put a smile on my face :D

Lol .. okay ghostrider.

Most riders will panic in such a situation in the city, and end up a hood ornament.

I'd probably just pull over and take a ticket instead of killing myself trying to get away from paying a fine...but that's just me. That being said, if a bike decides to run, it's pretty pointless for a car or truck police vehicle to pursue them, unless they have eyes in the sky.

@rye A ticket you won't get. Your bike will be impounded and you will lose your life as you know it.

In Los Angeles they will hunt you down with multiple helicopters. They seem to enjoy it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd probably just pull over and take a ticket instead of killing myself trying to get away from paying a fine...but that's just me. That being said, if a bike decides to run, it's pretty pointless for a car or truck police vehicle to pursue them, unless they have eyes in the sky.

I dont' condone it running. i think it's dangerous and stupid, not worth risking your life.

but here in Ontario with HTA 172, the ticket is in actuality a guilty until proven innocent scenario. 7 day license suspension on the spot + towing + impound fees + legal fees and + cost to get home from wherever you are then stranded with no license and no vehicle.
will cost you $4000 before you even have your trial. and then after conviction, $10 000 fine plus 30 day license suspension and a record on police info so you're guaranteed a ticket everytime a cop runs your plates for next 2 decades.
then with insurance hikes, you're looking at costs upwards of $30 000 over the next 3 years with insurance.

IF HTA 172 DIDNT exist, it would make it a lot safer for everyone as running would then totally not make sense.
best then would be to stop take the ticket and have a fair trial where your guilt needs to be proven.

with HTA 172 now, a person doing 155 on HWY is seen as more of a danger and will get the above mentioned penalty
when for example compared to a person doing 89kmh in a 40kmh zone (e.g.. school zone)
…it's retarded.

I dont' condone it running. i think it's dangerous and stupid, not worth risking your life.

but here in Ontario with HTA 172, the ticket is in actuality a guilty until proven innocent scenario. 7 day license suspension on the spot + towing + impound fees + legal fees and + cost to get home from wherever you are then stranded with no license and no vehicle.
will cost you $4000 before you even have your trial. and then after conviction, $10 000 fine plus 30 day license suspension and a record on police info so you're guaranteed a ticket everytime a cop runs your plates for next 2 decades.
then with insurance hikes, you're looking at costs upwards of $30 000 over the next 3 years with insurance.

IF HTA 172 DIDNT exist, it would make it a lot safer for everyone as running would then totally not make sense.
best then would be to stop take the ticket and have a fair trial where your guilt needs to be proven.

with HTA 172 now, a person doing 155 on HWY is seen as more of a danger and will get the above mentioned penalty
when for example compared to a person doing 89kmh in a 40kmh zone (e.g.. school zone)
…it's retarded.

Just to clarify some of the details, the minimum fine is $2k, max is $10k. Typically, at a trial in absentia, the fine is $2k. If the person is present or has legal representation they usually plead guilty to a lesser offence of speeding at x/100 (whatever they work out with the prosecutor).

The 30 day suspension comes with a conviction when you have a novice class licence only.

Back
Top Bottom