Ghost Towns/Abandoned Places? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ghost Towns/Abandoned Places?

Camp X...border of whitney and oshawa area....Was a training camp for agents during and shortly after WW2. Believe it was run by the British and Canadian Intelligence. Trained intelligence agents from Canada Britain and US.

Edit: OOPS..Not abondoned lol and they don't appreciate being spied on....

Last edited:
Camp 30 is fairly eerie. Didn't know it was a pow camp

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Growing up in downtown Hamilton...yeah old decrepit places are like a second home! Lol

Places around that I have been to and uber cool...a creepy school/commune up by Pickle Lake (super creepy!), the WWII military airport in Picton is great to poke around in (and great riding nearby!), and a deactivated military runway up by North Bay for landing B-52's during the Cold War (think Top Gear test track...only with more weeds, but still good for full throttle mile long boots if you don't mind the bumps!), and a shuttered observatory in Algonquin (gated now, but a ride-to camping site isn't far and it's an easy walk from the gate).

Took a few group rides to places around Hamilton, but the best ones have been razed or gentrified now.
I'm in for anything anyone wants to do...or even organize a ride.

There's a few ghost towns around the Madoc area north of Bellville. Bit of a slog for you GTA types but I was up there today heading on towards Bancroft. These are old mining towns. Sulphide and Actinolite are a couple that I remember reading about. I also passed through Eldorado today (ontario first gold mine) which is now mostly deserted/run down.

Growing up in downtown Hamilton...yeah old decrepit places are like a second home! Lol

Places around that I have been to and uber cool...a creepy school/commune up by Pickle Lake (super creepy!), the WWII military airport in Picton is great to poke around in (and great riding nearby!), and a deactivated military runway up by North Bay for landing B-52's during the Cold War (think Top Gear test track...only with more weeds, but still good for full throttle mile long boots if you don't mind the bumps!), and a shuttered observatory in Algonquin (gated now, but a ride-to camping site isn't far and it's an easy walk from the gate).

Took a few group rides to places around Hamilton, but the best ones have been razed or gentrified now.
I'm in for anything anyone wants to do...or even organize a ride.

All of that sounds wicked..ill b around picton tmrw, where is this airport u speak of??

Ill b down for a ghost town ride, anytime (after this weekend)

All of that sounds wicked..ill b around picton tmrw, where is this airport u speak of??

Ill b down for a ghost town ride, anytime (after this weekend)

If you're in Picton tomorrow you are less than an hour away from Madoc. Also...if it's still there, try Buddha Dog in Picton town centre for a different take on hot dogs (home made and miniature, buy a selection).

Back
Top Bottom