2004 R6 signal and horn control removal | GTAMotorcycle.com

2004 R6 signal and horn control removal

ModularGT

Have this bike for the track. It has race fairings and no lights or anything. I would like to remove the signal and horn control from the handlebar. I looked online and there doesn't seem to be any info on it. The signal and horn wiring is routed in the same jacket as the clutch switch, I have read that some bikes ecu's have issues with the clutch switch removed. I would imagine the wiring would route to a relay or fuse box, just wondering if anyone can help guide me?

This is easy to do - the hard part would be to figure out where the choke circuity cable would go / work....I would presume the previous owner left this alone for that reason.

The signal / horn / light box can be removed and unplugged..wouldn't cause issues.
The clutch safety switch - can be wired closed, so it will tell the ecu the clutch is always pulled.

The choke circuit cable - you'd have to figure this out. Maybe buy a universal relocation kit.

Thank you for your reply, I don't think there is a choke circuit as the bike is fuel injected. I would figure that if the bike were "choked" upon a cold start, that the ecu would just open the throttlebody slightly.

Back
Top Bottom