Car Buying - What Made your Experience Great? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Car Buying - What Made your Experience Great?

They might not be able to do anything on the price of the car but when my wife bought her Santa Fe a couple of years ago, we were able to get 6 years of free oil changes and heavy discounts on some of the options/accessories we wanted.

We also asked if there was any kind of promotion they could include us on, at that time there was an RBC employees discount, we are not employees but they gave us that discount since they get a kick back anyways.

Call the dealership in Whitby, they are the biggest one in Ontario and as long as you know what you want, they are willing to play ball. I know it's far from you but it might be worth it

Bumping old thread. Wife is buying new car. Decided on model. (2015 Hyundai Elantra GT) Talked to sales rep at local dealer. Got sticker price minus an $800 manufacturer discount (I assume because 2016 models are on their way) Today I requested quotes on the car from four dealers through the Hyundai website. Got two replies so far at basically the same price. What should my next move be?

For me going new, it comes down to service. And it's not easy to find dealers that are consistently good over time.

I have a couple of friends purchase from Airport Hyundai and swear by them. Did they get the best deal? Who can say? But they do come highly recommended.

Hyundai has been making some good looking vehicles recently. Haven't checked them out for a couple of years. Prior to that, found their interiors to be flimsy and cheap plastic.

If you go your heart set on the Elantra, and that's the price they are offering, i wouldn't rack my brain too hard looking for much more of a discount.

Good advice to ask for other things like free service and or extended warranty.

Good luck.

I'll probably be check back to this thread myself. Looks like my company is changing their car policy and switching to an allowance and mileage system. Means I'm gonna have to get my own machine in a little while.

Recent experience (last year) with Achilles Mazda of Milton. It is a relatively small dealership, with a small show room. They are beating all other Mazda dealers in the GTA on both price and service (in my experience). How can you say no to that? The owner seems to be there dawn to dusk, it is a family business (he told me his father was the original owner). Highly recommended.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom