How is this ok? | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How is this ok?

Amazon that's bs I know 4 people that go on the regular to red dawn days with coolant in there bikes and they never care

Well tell your buddies to change to water then. We ask riders to and at tech we take their word. I've never been to a track day where they actually check, we all go by the honour system here. If you know the ride with coolant, tell them not to and why if you could please.

Sent from my GT-I5510M using Tapatalk 2

It would be nice if the honour system worked.But it doesn't.Lots of trackday tech inspections demand full inspections.

It would be nice if the honour system worked.But it doesn't.Lots of trackday tech inspections demand full inspections.
How would the techs check for coolant? specially if the return flow bottle is empty?

I have gone through tech inspections and SOAR and RACE and pretty much all track providers and I haven't noticed (doesn't mean they haven't) them checking.

How would the techs check for coolant? specially if the return flow bottle is empty?.

Dip the rad. That's about it.
Each company running track days could do something like the noise checks at Calabogie. Dip your tank, if you pass, you get a sticker which is good for the season. Some bikes are difficult to get to the rad (i.e. CBR 1000 with stock bodywork), which makes it a serious pain for the rider.
You show up without a sticker, you need to get it checked again.

It's really about the only way to make sure people aren't running glycol based coolant.

Who would really switch what they have in the rad before the end of the season again, honestly? If you've got water/wetter, would you go through the pain to switch it back before winter? Not likely.

How about if a person gets found to have antifreeze. They get kicked out for the season with that provider. And all other providers are informed, so they will check said person. Might just make people change it ahead of time. Rather than be shamed into it later.

These guys I'm talking about were told it was not needed at red dawn days. Sent from an email from them. if things are different now I'm glad cause not only does it waste everyone's day if there's a crash, the next day know ones aware of it and will Probbly crash in the same spot because you know tmp is not going to clean it properly

Dip the rad. That's about it.
Each company running track days could do something like the noise checks at Calabogie. Dip your tank, if you pass, you get a sticker which is good for the season. Some bikes are difficult to get to the rad (i.e. CBR 1000 with stock bodywork), which makes it a serious pain for the rider.
You show up without a sticker, you need to get it checked again.

It's really about the only way to make sure people aren't running glycol based coolant.

Who would really switch what they have in the rad before the end of the season again, honestly? If you've got water/wetter, would you go through the pain to switch it back before winter? Not likely.

I just did. Then in the spring i'll switch back from coolant to water / water wetter and repeat over again every year

I just did. Then in the spring i'll switch back from coolant to water / water wetter and repeat over again every year

Misunderstood what i meant..
People do this:
1) Spring, switch to water/wetter before season begins
2) summer, track days etc
3) late fall, switch to coolant at end of season

They don't do steps 1 & 3 mid season.

Ah got ya
Misunderstood what i meant..
People do this:
1) Spring, switch to water/wetter before season begins
2) summer, track days etc
3) late fall, switch to coolant at end of season