Child Passenger | GTAMotorcycle.com

Child Passenger

kcalB

I was wondering if there are any laws outlaying how old a bike passenger can be. Obviously I’m not going to strap my 6 month old son onto my bike lol. Other then common sense, would be interested to hear when some of you with kids, have taken them on a ride. Or do you just avoid the whole situation. In 5 to six years i can see my son bugging the hell outta me to take him. Although I'll probably atleast wait until 10 and above.

The only law I've been able to find is for Highway. A passenger must be 14.

For other roads I haven't been able to find one.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

There is no age limit I believe.

A pivate members bill was proposed to set it at 14 years or older but I think it died the death that it should have.

I personally did not take my kids until they were 8 yeas old. 10 years old before they did multiplle day trips.

I actually had a sidecar so that I could take both kids when they were 8 and 10. The longest trip that either of them dide was 3500 kms over 14 days at the age of 9 and 11.

I was wondering if there are any laws outlaying how old a bike passenger can be. Obviously I’m not going to strap my 6 month old son onto my bike lol. Other then common sense, would be interested to hear when some of you with kids, have taken them on a ride. Or do you just avoid the whole situation. In 5 to six years i can see my son bugging the hell outta me to take him. Although I'll probably atleast wait until 10 and above.

Last edited:

No specific age is mentioned in the Ontario regulations (or required). The motorcycle must be equipped with a pillion seat (separate passenger seat or dual seat) and the bike equipped with passenger footrests. Any passenger must be able to sit astride the passenger seat and their feet must be able to reach the passenger footrests. Passenger must wear an approved motorcycle safety helmet. A passenger, or passengers, in a sidecar must also wear an approved safety helmet.
AFJ

My kids started at 5/6. They don't go on long rides still as they get bored. If I mix it up, say 45 min ride, stop at the park/beach, ride some more. It's more tolerable that way. Both kids wear a safety harness as well as the usual gear. This harness is what we use:
u7ude4u9.jpg

a2yzu5ab.jpg

Early morning photo shoot, kids done already! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good information, I have ordered a corbin rear seat with back rest so I can take my granddaughter on small rides for ice cream, north of the city or at the cottage.

Back
Top Bottom