she run.... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

she run....

Re: she runs...

carbon fiber exhaust
Well I got some carbon fiber wrap, and got busy.....

no more LASER, now it's just Carbon Fiber.....

on to the pictures.....

Will that hold up to the heat? looks good though!

Funny you should ask.....and to be honest I don't know, I was told it might, it can withstand some heat, I just don't know how hot the can does get, so I will find out, once I go for a good long ride, if it bubbles and burns off it will be a shame, if it holds up I will be a happy guy....

Honestly, 1000x better looking. I was going to mention that you should take a buffer/flap wheel to that can, but you one up'd that with the CF wrap. Looks great.

That was my first thought.....then I came up with the CF Wrap, now if it only holds up, I will be happy......

Just got a quote to wrap the whole bike, roughly 400 bucks, hmmm not bad but a bit steep for just a wrap, I would rather try and paint it myself, or for that price I can ask Carboncat to shoot some paint instead and it will last for a much longer time, plus I can add some CF accents instead....

I will see.....for now, she will be PlastiDipped in black, and wait for her winter hibernation to get something done properly....black or silver I am thinking...

I'd do the CF accents. I don't think that the complete CF goes with the 'period'.

How many silver vehicles do you need? Dare to be different. Lol

Holding up really well, went for a 2 hour ride yesterday, and nothing wrong with the wrap at all, still as good as when I first put it on, the saving grace I think is that the can is not getting really hot, let's see how it holds up long term.

I'd do the CF accents. I don't think that the complete CF goes with the 'period'.

How many silver vehicles do you need? Dare to be different. Lol

The more the better,,,,LOL,,,,there is a white one on the driveway.....hehehehehe

What I am afraid of with the matte black, is there is no clear to put on, it then becomes glossy, and not what I want, but bare paint could get ruined by gas ? so with silver I can get the gloss and the clear, and it's all protected, right ? and add the Carbon Fiber.....

And I will not wrap the whole bike in CF, it was just a thought....accents are and will be done for sure....

I get what you're going for. The 2 part clear that I found is high gloss. That won't do for the flat black. Maybe do the black yourself and have a shop clear coat for you?

The gloss in the silver will help if gas touches the paint, but it's not chemical resistant like a 2 part hardened clear would be.

The moment I put on any kind of clear on the matte black I want, it becomes a gloss black in a sense....and this is what I am trying to avoid, I will find out if by painting it just matte black will it hold up to gas spills, or if there is a clear coat that keeps the matte look, I know when I refinish gun stocks, I can get the gloss, and matte clear varathne, is there the same for automotive finish. ?

I will shoot CarbonCat a PM for some guidance....

I'm sure there is a 2 part matte clear. I think it will only be available thru a body shop.

It needs to be chemical resistant to hold up to gas. You need a coating with a hardener in it to accomplish that.

some outside pics
Well, I have actually been riding the bike now for several weeks, and it's a lot of fun, she picks up speed very quickly, anything past 5 thousand rpm she just wants to go, have red lined her a few times just to see how she goes, and hit 150 km per hour on a stretch of road, nice and stable. So far so good, and lots of fun, needs a proper paint job for sure, but that will be done probably over the winter, right now I just want to ride.....

so here are a few crappy pics with the cell phone, I will take some better pictures soon.....

Looks good. How about Yamaha factory colours, yellow and black?

I have not really decided on a paint scheme, I love the Euro colors on the bike, but I do like the matte look as well, it's something I will ponder and get done over the winter, for now the PlastiDip will do it, I didn't even get the decals yet, no sense in putting them on when they have to come off and then new ones put on again.....stealth mode for now....LOL

and I have not put the solo seat cover on, have to go and get it from a buddy of mine who was fixing it up for me......so more pics to follow......

Really nice job buddy. When you decide to paint - this is my suggestion

7ete4eba.jpg

This just has classic Yamaha written all over it.

I'm not usually a fan of all black but I rather like your ride. Another +1 for the euro colors if you do change it. Still looks sharp now :thumbup:

Oh much better spread now. Can you feel the difference on the butt dyno?

Back
Top Bottom