she run.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

she run....

GateKeeper

she runs...

after restoring this bike over the winter I finally got her running....

P1120768.jpg

[video=youtube_share;XYZU6XE-MPQ]http://youtu.be/XYZU6XE-MPQ[/video]

Last edited:
Re: she runs....

lol,nice.
I thought this was gonna be a "chick-pickup" fail post....

After a whole day wasted trying to get her running only to find out I had 4, yes all 4 plug caps that were crap, it was nice to find a simple reason for the no start, and after swapping them out, and hearing her roar to life, it was a good feeling for sure...

now to order tires and a chain.....

WoooooO! What a wonderful sound!

Tins On
Well, it's been a while, and I have not really been at this since the last time at getting her running, and a bit of time constraint due to life I have not had a chance to do much, heck I haven't even ordered tires and chain, but today after coming home from work, even that was not scheduled I decided to see how the bike looks with it's clothes on.....

so I dressed her up a bit, and even I do so say so myself, this bike is looking good, I did not put on the mid fairings yet, they kinda don't line up properly and I didn't have any nuts and bolts to even try to hold them in place, but there is time for that as well.....

so this is the tins, in primer, and will be actually finished in a matte black, once I get around to it....

so a few pictures..

Re: she runs...

Looking great D!!! If you're doing all black, you'll need a little colour or white to break it up.

It's up to you. If you're going with the stealth look, then do the all black with black decals.

I really like black, but I decided to throw some white into the mix to break it up a little.

I will see.....

Still lots of time to think about it, plus for now I am just gong to use PlastiDip to paint the tins, and do a proper job over the winter, probably have Carboncat do his magic once again for me, his job on my GS was excellent.....

Well time to order the tires and chain, hook up the brake lines once my actual rims are on, bleed the system, get the clutch done as well, and button up any loose ends, gear shift lever has to go on, and I have a small leak around the water pump, I was cheap and didn't put in new rubber O rings, now I am going to pay for it...LOL

Slowly bur surely......

Cheers

I will see.....

Still lots of time to think about it, plus for now I am just gong to use PlastiDip to paint the tins, and do a proper job over the winter, probably have Carboncat do his magic once again for me, his job on my GS was excellent.....

Well time to order the tires and chain, hook up the brake lines once my actual rims are on, bleed the system, get the clutch done as well, and button up any loose ends, gear shift lever has to go on, and I have a small leak around the water pump, I was cheap and didn't put in new rubber O rings, now I am going to pay for it...LOL

Slowly bur surely......

Cheers

Awesome, clean your inbox please.

For the price of a few cans of plastidip you could have good paint from Napa and try doing the job yourself. You might even like how it turns out (compared to plastidip you are sure not to like longterm).

For the price of a few cans of plastidip you could have good paint from Napa and try doing the job yourself. You might even like how it turns out (compared to plastidip you are sure not to like longterm).

you are correct, however I did get the PlastiDip in the US, 5 bucks a can, so cheap enough to use this time around, long term with the stuff, no way, it's just temp for now, I do want a proper paint job, and that don't mean me doing it...LOL....it will get it just not right now that will be this winter if I decide to keep the bike.

then again I am working some overtime over the next month and a half, so who knows maybe I get it done properly sooner.....

biggest thing now is I did order my tires and chain, might get them today, but probably Monday....

I bled the front brake system last night, and the hydro clutch as well, no leaks and it seems to work well, tonight I will do the rear brake.....

Almost ready for the road....

Cheers

Looking great. That's EXACTLY the right outlook - a little progress every day, even if it isn't always VP (visible progress)

This is gonna look sweet all finished up! So far so good!

Back
Top Bottom