Best thing i ever did. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best thing i ever did.

Emrsnx

My bestie and I have been meaning to get our licence for years, he sadly passed away last august. It taught me a lesson in procrastinating. I decided to take the bull by the horns and went out and got my licence. I bought a Yamaha Xj650 seca. It is the best thing I have ever done. Looking forward to hearing advice and stories from long term riders and shared experiences from the new. SO hello everyone!

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Back int he LEAD 7-6

My bestie and I have been meaning to get our licence for years, he sadly passed away last august. It taught me a lesson in procrastinating. I decided to take the bull by the horns and went out and got my licence. I bought a Yamaha Xj650 seca. It is the best thing I have ever done. Looking forward to hearing advice and stories from long term riders and shared experiences from the new. SO hello everyone!

This is my Bike.

UnexflI.jpg

Cool! Welcome!

Nice bike, enjoy the ride!

#1 Piece of advice, pretend you're invisible. If you expect every cager to run into you, you can avoid a lot of accidents. I just got my license in September of last year and have already almost been hit a few times, it helps to always plan an exit strategy to avoid potential danger if it happens!

#2 Get some gear, any that you can afford is better than none. Gloves, jacket, boots, and pants, upgrade when you can afford it. My 1 piece leather suit has already saved me some road rash from taking corners way too fast!

#3 Buy and read Twist of the Wrist II - great book!

There's lots more I could say here but that's enough to get you started. :D Sorry to hear about your pal. :( I'm sure he'll be along with you in spirit!

Welcome. Nice xj, looks pretty clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome! nice bike! enjoy!

Sorry to hear about your friend. Looks like a nice bike there, welcome aboard!

Sorry to hear about your friend, be sure to ride with him in memory.

Personal tragedies can sometimes help put things into perspective. Congrats on your new bike. Get out there and enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom