I renewed my driver's license recently, does this also renew my M2? | GTAMotorcycle.com

I renewed my driver's license recently, does this also renew my M2?

TomC

Site Supporter
I did my M2 back in 09 meaning its due for renewal/upgrade to full M this season (2014)

However, I also renewed my drivers license last year and the expiry date on the actual license card says dec 2018

Is my M2 still due for expiry this year, or in 2018?

Your M2 will expire. It does not renew.
It's the status that expires. In your case, the M2 status.

D

Correct you hold TWO classes of Licences currently G and M2. The G licence expires with the card (2018 but the M2 Class still expires after 5 years if you don't graduate to the M class. If this happens and you plan to ride again you will start back as an M1 class. If you do get your M then you will get a new card which shows you are a G and a M class driver BUT it will still expire in 2018, at which time you will pay the fee to renew. Then from that point forward they will expire on the same date every 5 years.

I got my full M last year but both my classes on my current card expire in 2016.

Just incase any one is looking for more information.

As stated above both classes expire at different times, (until its synched up), if your M2 renewal is up (like mine is) you can either redo the m1 test and get your m1,redo the m2 test and effectively renew your m2 (I don't really know why you would do this. May as well book your M) or take the m test and get your M. I thought the m2 was good for just a normal renewal until i got a letter from the ministry.

Its kind of funny. My license expires May 31st. I will get it renewed, then a week later I take my M test. They will effectively send me two cards. One for my renewed G(M2) and then one a week later for my GM.

$85 renewal, then $85 for the M test.... I really wish just doing my M test would also renew my G.

Back
Top Bottom