Old Septic Tanks | GTAMotorcycle.com

Old Septic Tanks

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Anyone an expert on 60 year old abandoned septic tanks? The MIL has a sink hole forming in the bak yard where there used to be a tank that was supposedly removed 30ish years ago when the street had sewers put in.

I see a hole about 10 feet deep with concrete block walls (Blocks laid sideways) and what looks like railway ties.

Access to scoop out the area isn't the best so I'm curious as to how these things went together in the good old days.

I'm no expert but I do recall there being some pretty specific municipal regulations on how these things need to be dealt with when discovered, like old cisterns and such. My Bro in law went through something similar. My advice would be "quietly" rent a portable compactor and arrange a truckload of fill dropped in the drive and a wheelbarrow brigade. Good luck, it sounds like a lot of work.

I'm no expert but I do recall there being some pretty specific municipal regulations on how these things need to be dealt with when discovered, like old cisterns and such. My Bro in law went through something similar. My advice would be "quietly" rent a portable compactor and arrange a truckload of fill dropped in the drive and a wheelbarrow brigade. Good luck, it sounds like a lot of work.

Good advice. The government will make more crap than any septic system can handle.

Yup shovel and shut up.

Known by some

You can rent conveyor belts that are pretty easy to position by hand,,, about 25' long,, and then have the dump truck dribble it out the tailgate onto the belt.. a 10ft deep hole can add up

Back
Top Bottom