Drinking and riding | GTAMotorcycle.com

Drinking and riding

puttockc

Just a thought someone passed to me today...

" think you can have a pint and ride home?"

"Sure, a pint, easily"

"And most accidents are cause by cars breaking the rules?"

"Ya I see stupid driving mistakes all the time!"

"What if you reacted a full second slower? What about two seconds? Then what does their mistake become? "

"**** ..... My funeral"

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

Last edited:
Simple.. Drinking slows your reaction time. therefore, if you drink a ride a collision that occurs may be lessened if the rider wasn't drinking at all. At least that is the premise being put forth. Not sure I agree 100%.

BUT I won't have even one beer while riding. Now legally I am not restricted as those with a M1 or G1 to no alcohol, just the choice I made a couple of decades ago. I was heading home from a board meeting a few years ago on Keele, (in King City, so rural area), when I witnessed a motorcyclist cross the center line and collide head on, (well almost head on the car swerved and hit the bike with front left corner). I was first on scene. There was a woman and a man on the bike and a single male driver of the car.

The cager was shaken but not seriously hurt. The rider had severe leg injuries. The female passenger, was killed instantly. the rider was charged with impaired and was still hospitalized months afterward, (they couldn't save his left leg). All because he had been out drinking. The woman who was married, (just not to the rider), left behind 4 young children.

Simply put riding and drinking don't mix. Not exactly rocket science. I a tally love riding season because it saves me money I would spend on beer :D

It means you have to drive faster to make up for your slowed reaction time :D

It means you have to drive faster to make up for your slowed reaction time :D

Gotta say that is funny.

In the UK the problem was 80% of the drivers after 11pm (Pub closing time) where drunk and the other 20% where sober and had accidents with the 80%.
So they kept the 20% percent sober drivers off the ride. Hence no more accidents.
Sorry couldn`t resist, yours is better.

lol but seriously, it closes at 11PM?

Used to be 10:30 weekdays and 11pm Fridays and Saturdays. Reason for that was that they did not want the "workers" staying out late. Bosses, etc.
Only clubs where open late, private exclusive clubs to which the middle class could not afford.

Has all changed now. Pubs may now chose there own hours.

They still have 3 classes. Upper, middle and lower.

Sorry OP do not mean to change your topic.

Used to be 10:30 weekdays and 11pm Fridays and Saturdays. Reason for that was that they did not want the "workers" staying out late. Bosses, etc.
Only clubs where open late, private exclusive clubs to which the middle class could not afford.

Has all changed now. Pubs may now chose there own hours.

They still have 3 classes. Upper, middle and lower.

Sorry OP do not mean to change your topic.

Last call at 2am is bad enough, we don't even have happy hour like USA but that seems hard on the businesses.

If you are stupid enough to drink even one beer and ride you deserve the outcome.

HOOLLLAAAA

I'll usually have one beer only if I'm not jumping on the bike for at least another couple of hours. But to tell you the truth I haven't done that in a couple of years. I barely drink nowadays.

Sent from Tapatalk.

I had a mimosa at lunch at farmhouse tavern

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

I can down 3 full pints of good beer in 3-4 hours at the pub (5.0%+ ABV) and blow under 0.05. Doesn't mean I drive or ride after.

I can perform an appendectomy on myself with a kitchen cleaver. Doesn't mean I will.

I can down 3 full pints of good beer in 3-4 hours at the pub (5.0%+ ABV) and blow under 0.05. Doesn't mean I drive or ride after.

I can perform an appendectomy on myself with a kitchen cleaver. Doesn't mean I will.

You blow for less then a nickel??

And no.. Ofcourse you would use a steak knife for that

A nickel will get you anything.

Anything.
Ever seen the south park where Cartman is the hooker? :lmao:
cow095.jpg

Back
Top Bottom