Niagara Falls/area en-route? (Apr 2014) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Niagara Falls/area en-route? (Apr 2014)

TekNinja81

Site Supporter
Hey folks,

Might be doing a day-trip to the Niagara Falls area this Monday, just curious if anybody has been there over the last few weeks and can report on road conditions, either at Niagara itself or along any of the major routes to get there.

Been a few times I've come across some heavy construction areas over the past few years, especially early into riding season, so it would be great to know of any problem areas in advance.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

Might be doing a day-trip to the Niagara Falls area this Monday, just curious if anybody has been there over the last few weeks and can report on road conditions, either at Niagara itself or along any of the major routes to get there.

Been a few times I've come across some heavy construction areas over the past few years, especially early into riding season, so it would be great to know of any problem areas in advance.

Thanks!

QEW is (finally!) clear of construction

Hwy 8 is clear (and a much more enjoyable route beyond Stoney Creek)

Hwy 20 is pockmarked but clear of construction

You're absolutely right, being tourism area they do try to squeeze construction during april-may, then september-october. No notable construction in town (which is odd because council is currently enjoying it's first decent payout from the OLA). Stanley a bit worse for wear after a long winter. The street cleaners have been out, not much loose sand / gravel to speak of.

Last edited:
There was nothing worse than the section of ripped up pavement on the qew last year. That layer they leave that's all graded to pave on top pulls you all over the place on a bike. I would ride through smelly Hamilton just to avoid it :D

Excellent, thanks for the quick response! Good to hear we shouldn't encounter any issues out there.

Back
Top Bottom