Our little ride from last weekend - ( Moonshiner Lunch Run ) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Our little ride from last weekend - ( Moonshiner Lunch Run )

NightShadow

You can check the link on what it is
http://www.moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/mlrss1k.asp

We were hungry to get a long ride in and this was it to start the season. My riding partner and I set out
from Downtown TO and had to actually start ride in Buffalo. There is routes set up that have to be followed
from all over the States. Ours was Buffalo - Cleveland - Chicago - Madison - and ending in Casey Illinois.
We finished the ride at 10 am and did all the paper work and headed for some burgers. Got back to hotel
around 1 and slept till 5pm. Walked across the street to BBQ place and had all you can eat ribs. ( 1 inch
thick and falling off the bone.) Was a great feast. The next day we were headed home.
From door to door was 1870 miles. (a good ride to start the season)

Destination

1pywsk.jpg

The next 3 pics is the smallest town - Read the sign (& yes it is real )
They serve the best burgers and are huge - Try to find this place - out
in the middle of no where. They get huge crowds all day.

svnqxx.jpg

2ih9ceu.jpg

o8rj9l.jpg

Worlds Largest Wind Chime

313nfk9.jpg

A little rain on the way home

jayosh.jpg

How was the weather? I've been out a few times, but had to layer up so much that it kinda sucks some of the joy out of the ride.

In Illinois was around 70 during the day - both days - Was a bit chilly at night but we had warm stuff so was Ok.
We took the shorter route home and hit rain in Detroit but other then that was great all 3 days.

How was it getting through Detroit to the border? seems scary and like an area I want to avoid but may be heading that way

We didn't come through at Detroit - We headed north to the Sarnia crossing as it is usually faster to cross and shorter ride home.

No Fries - Was still raining 90% of the way home from Detroit - Only made one stop at tims for a coffee and change my gloves.
Needed to get out of rain for a bit and warm up.

Back
Top Bottom