I need 06-07 gsxr 600 rotors! Halp! | GTAMotorcycle.com

I need 06-07 gsxr 600 rotors! Halp!

Benny!

Site Supporter
So the machine shop screwed up my rotors and now they're pulsing bad. Anyone have any OEM ones for sale? I need some by mid may.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Why don't you complain to them. Its only fitting that they replace your rotor if they F it up.

I have oem rotors for a 2004. Don't know if that would fit

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Why don't you complain to them. Its only fitting that they replace your rotor if they F it up.

I have oem rotors for a 2004. Don't know if that would fit

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Yes I'm going to try and get my money back but that doesn't get me new rotors.

Cleaning them up. But apparently bike rotors shouldn't be. so save all that 'you're not supposed to' bs.

"Cleaning them up" can mean a few things, not all shouldn't be done to motorcycle rotors. I'll save the "your not suppose to" bs though.

He didn't hone them by hand but instead used a computer controlled machining device.

He probably tried using a Lathe. The problem with that is if you apply force to one side of the rotor, there will be a degree of flex.
Does it look similar to this?

CNC_Lathe_l.jpg

The shop next door did these rotors, they have done mine, few other members on here, with no issues, there off for the weekend but on Monday, I'm sure they will replace the rotors, and yes rocker guy that looks similar.
Everyone makes mistakes, just sucks because Christina has nothing but luck like this lately.

At least she took it out down the road before going to the track, that would have sucked

The shop next door did these rotors, they have done mine, few other members on here, with no issues, there off for the weekend but on Monday, I'm sure they will replace the rotors, and yes rocker guy that looks similar.
Everyone makes mistakes, just sucks because Christina has nothing but luck like this lately.

At least she took it out down the road before going to the track, that would have sucked

If that is a similar machine, then it would be operator error. Because you said they have done it before. Its either they did not clamp the rotor properly or they did not clean the clamp (chuck).

I would not use that machine on motorcycle rotors though. There would be too much flexing in the rotors. Just a professional opinion from someone in the auto industry who use a lathe all day

Back
Top Bottom