It's as if there should be a forum dedicated to "In Process of getting a new Bike". | GTAMotorcycle.com

It's as if there should be a forum dedicated to "In Process of getting a new Bike".

Derek Paisley

It's as if there should be a forum dedicated to "In Process of getting a new Bike".

I know there are MANY of us who as of now are looking to buy a new/another bike and are very excited.
With that excitement comes the need to share. In my case, my wife does not share my enthusiasm when it comes to visualizing my new bike. When I get going, she indirectly defuses me as she is just not that interested in the whole process.

In my case, I'm selling my 2012 Can-Am Spyder RSS and going back to two wheels. (I bought the Spyder for both my wife and I to use as a recreation and commuter bike. She also wanted something that she could possible use in her career (actor). My employer has since relocated our offices on the subway line so it makes very little sense for me to hold onto a $30,000+ Spyder that I would only use once in a while. (In relation to what it was initially intended for).

The last bike I owned prior to the Spyder was a 600 Katana.

Once I've sold my Spyder, I'll be looking to narrow my choices down.

Like the majority of you, I love all bikes, cars and whatnot. So I was initially open to an array of "types". That being, cruiser, sport..etc..

When I was at the most recent dealer show at the new CNE location I spent some time sitting on the HD IRON 883. There was definitely a connection with it, as it was "empowering". That said, I understood what I and others had noted many times before regarding the HD "attitude".

I realised that, knowing who I am, if I buy the HD Iron, I'm going to become an A$$h0le. Something we all want to avoid.

Made the conscious decision to move on from that idea. Of course there were other factors, like insurance and the overall ride/experience. I think I made the right call there.

All the while I've been eyeing the 2014 Ninja 300 SE ABS. Lime Green. Felt great to sit on as well at the show, but to be honest; the CBR250 felt better. I know from the research that I've done that the Ninja has more potential than the Honda. Additionally, I prefer the look of the Kawi over the Honda.

I know that SS is out of the question for the same reason I opted out of the HD. (Additionally, and most prevalent is the insurance)

Never did I look at the Kawi 650, Susuki SV650 or the Yami FZ6R. One of my riding buddies points out ninja650Shop.com and their sport bars.
When I saw sport bars on an array of Ninja 650's with the exposed rear suspension and some other tasteful mods, my whole decision process went out the door.

These "Sport touring" models can look "IMO" better than some SS.
I've always loved White bikes, so you can imagine that I LOVE the 2012 Ninja 650 in white/Black with Red rear suspension. Drop some sport bars on that with a fender eliminator, rear seat cowl, full exhaust, power commander, blacked out windshield and black (red accents) shorty levers.

That "IMO" would look SICK! Insurance would not be too much either.
*Surprised this is not a route taken by more people. At least from what I can tell*

As you can see; like you I am excited.

What part of your buying process are at?
Share your excitement with us!

D
:-D

Re: It's as if there should be a forum dedicated to "In Process of getting a new Bike

The real issue is when do you stop Looking? I now am looking at cruiser style bikes.

Re: It's as if there should be a forum dedicated to "In Process of getting a new Bike

I hear ya bud.

Kinda made my decision easier by dropping upwards of $1,000 on gear intended for a sportier ride a few weeks back. :>

I bought the ninja 300 last season....no complaints so far...

The real issue is when do you stop Looking?

Never! the grass is always greener on the other side... happens to me way too often, with cars, trucks, bikes and girlfriends! Nothing will be perfect, you will always have to compromise on something, so just go with what you like and feels best! You can always switch next year!

But I wouldn't buy a bike until I ride all my choices

I know there are MANY of us who as of now are looking to buy a new/another bike and are very excited.
With that excitement comes the need to share. In my case, my wife does not share my enthusiasm when it comes to visualizing my new bike. When I get going, she indirectly defuses me as she is just not that interested in the whole process.

In my case, I'm selling my 2012 Can-Am Spyder RSS and going back to two wheels. (I bought the Spyder for both my wife and I to use as a recreation and commuter bike. She also wanted something that she could possible use in her career (actor). My employer has since relocated our offices on the subway line so it makes very little sense for me to hold onto a $30,000+ Spyder that I would only use once in a while. (In relation to what it was initially intended for).

Like the majority of you, I love all bikes, cars and whatnot. So I was initially open to an array of "types". That being, cruiser, sport..etc..

When I was at the most recent dealer show at the new CNE location I spent some time sitting on the HD IRON 883. There was definitely a connection with it, as it was "empowering". That said, I understood what I and others had noted many times before regarding the HD "attitude".

I realised that, knowing who I am, if I buy the HD Iron, I'm going to become an A$$h0le. Something we all want to avoid.

Made the conscious decision to move on from that idea. Of course there were other factors, like insurance and the overall ride/experience. I think I made the right call there.

All the while I've been eyeing the 2014 Ninja 300 SE ABS. Lime Green. Felt great to sit on as well at the show, but to be honest; the CBR250 felt better. I know from the research that I've done that the Ninja has more potential than the Honda. Additionally, I prefer the look of the Kawi over the Honda.

I know that SS is out of the question for the same reason I opted out of the HD. (Additionally, and most prevalent is the insurance)

Never did I look at the Kawi 650, Susuki SV650 or the Yami FZ6R. One of my riding buddies points out ninja650Shop.com and their sport bars.
When I saw sport bars on an array of Ninja 650's with the exposed rear suspension and some other tasteful mods, my whole decision process went out the door.

I've always loved White bikes, so you can imagine that I LOVE the 2012 Ninja 650 in white/Black with Red rear suspension. Drop some sport bars on that with a fender eliminator, rear seat cowl, full exhaust, power commander, blacked out windshield and black (red accents) shorty levers.

*Surprised this is not a route taken by more people. At least from what I can tell*

D

Just FYI for insurance:
my HD Sportster cost me $527/yr insurance and my CBR600RR costs $1050/yr...ya its double but still not bad.
i bet any bikes you get quotes on will be in that range if not more. For cruisers wawanessa bases them all the same then has very small increases based on the MSRP of the bike.
state farm bases the rate solely on CC.

im 30, have a 100% clean record and got my m2 back in 2004 i think...give or take a year.

D

Very well written!

What point of the process am I at? I got my Ninja 300 about a month ago.

Just today I did my first day of rider training at Durham College. It was an absolute blast! I learned a lot and the instructors are all great. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did, but it's got perfect content for a new rider and everyone's attitudes are awesome!

call Seamus Kelly for a quote on a Super Sport, you might be surprised. I only pay $600 a year for my GSX-R600

I bought the ninja 300 last season....no complaints so far...

What colour did you pick up? Any mods thus far?

Do you suspect you'll be contempt with the 300 or do you think you'll want to move up?

Very well written!

What point of the process am I at? I got my Ninja 300 about a month ago.

Just today I did my first day of rider training at Durham College. It was an absolute blast! I learned a lot and the instructors are all great. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did, but it's got perfect content for a new rider and everyone's attitudes are awesome!

Yeah, I'v tried to get friends of mine to start riding by telling them I would take the course with them. It's that fun! :>

Which 300 did you get? Did you get the ABS? I am not liking the Frame Slider options on ABS models, so I may opt for the non ABS.
Any mods to share?

Have you gotten many complements on your bike? :>

D

call Seamus Kelly for a quote on a Super Sport, you might be surprised. I only pay $600 a year for my GSX-R600
yer probably in a cheaper area for insurance than me but do you mean the state farm agent or is that a different company all together?

yer probably in a cheaper area for insurance than me but do you mean the state farm agent or is that a different company all together?

Yes he is a state farm agent, but Not all state farm agents are the same. for the OP it Wouldn't hurt to check out what it would costs to insure other bikes before you rule out any bikes thinking insurance is not affordable.

Yay a thread for me lol -- Been waiting on Honda to get the new 2014 CBR650F here since they announced it in January/February. Starting to think it will happen/get here around the same time we develop a cure for cancer, faster than light travel, and proof of the lockness monster and big foot...

I got the cb500x a week ago as my first bike. Gotta say,I love it!!! Great neutral riding position. Great for insurance $400/year, great on gas, good power! I don't think I will grow out of it either...... Take a look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's as if there should be a forum dedicated to "In Process of getting a new ...

Very nice!

I just sold my Spyder today. Will stick to the 300 Ninja. I need to re-accustom myself to two wheels. After speaking with StateFarm, I suspect I will get a "better bike" next season. :)

For this season. I am all set to order my 300.
SE Green. ABS/Non-abs

Thinking of a full Yoshi exhaust (carbon)
PC or similar fuel controller
Woodcraft clipons
Blacked out windshield
(Unsure if I will go for ABS or non-ABS: I do not like the look of the Kawi engine protector/frame sliders). (Are there after market pucks/sliders that you can use?)
If non ABS, shogun no-cut
If ABS, unsure.

Shorty brake and clutch.
Black with red adjusters
Fender elimator
Yoshi bar ends and spoils
Rear east cowl (green and black)

Any recommendations?

Re: It's as if there should be a forum dedicated to "In Process of getting a new ...

Very nice!

I just sold my Spyder today. Will stick to the 300 Ninja. I need to re-accustom myself to two wheels. After speaking with StateFarm, I suspect I will get a "better bike" next season. :)

For this season. I am all set to order my 300.
SE Green. ABS/Non-abs

Thinking of a full Yoshi exhaust (carbon)
PC or similar fuel controller
Woodcraft clipons
Blacked out windshield
(Unsure if I will go for ABS or non-ABS: I do not like the look of the Kawi engine protector/frame sliders). (Are there after market pucks/sliders that you can use?)
If non ABS, shogun no-cut
If ABS, unsure.

Shorty brake and clutch.
Black with red adjusters
Fender elimator
Yoshi bar ends and spoils
Rear east cowl (green and black)

Any recommendations?

If you're going to get a different bike next season, don't do any of those mods. Just ride it stock for the few months you'll be riding it. Set aside that mod money for your dream bike.

I know.

It's soooo hard not to add on.
Argh!!!

I'm sure you can compromise with yourself and meet somewhere in the middle? :)

I know - it's almost taboo to ride a completely stock bike.

Mod it with stickers. You can even transfer them to your dream bike!

Putting that much money into a Ninja 300 is like dropping a turbo into a Toyota Corolla lol. Wait for the dream bike. Shorty levers can be swapped over to new bike. Sliders were the best idea by far.

Back
Top Bottom