New Mosport DDT track video | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Mosport DDT track video

I would expect you see some more changes. What saved you there before was the pavement being so bad and narrow you could not go fast. As a track owner/operator if you never really had an issue in a corner before you tend to neglect it. But with new pavement and wider entrance,,, I'm sure they will
address a few spots. I think there is room to clean up that area. The cars will have an even harder time. Faster in and faster at the apex,,, when it goes bad there will
be a big problem. I expect the Bridgestone school may need some areas cleaned up to reduce the damage to their cars. Good for you guys! Good for everyone! Just remember, Pro 6, Racer 5,Bridgestone car school and some others have a really good relationship with Mosport. Things will change they just need to ensure they spend the money right. That is why we need to take it easy, ride the track, provide good clear feedback and give everybody some time to make things better for all.

I sure hope so. I am not sure how fast that little "straight" section would be on a 600 or a 1000 but quick enough. There is a serious lack of run off down there as is. Let's see how many water bottle bags we can arrange!

9th
Me too!

I'm signed up for June but has anyone signed up for the GPBIKES day in May?

Believe me i would love to, but i have to attend my son wedding the week after and my wife won't let me do any track days before the wedding! Oh well i guess i have to wait until June the 9th.

Just a reminder Gp bikes will be holding 3 dates at the RDT track this season
there are still spots available for may 19th pre register to insure your spot its only 3 weeks away
you can register online or by phone
www.gpbikes.com (905) 4288983

I went as a spectator to the Rider's Choice day today. It looked pretty bleak when I got up this morning, so I didn't take my bike . . . turns out, I should have, it became a nice day after all.
Everyone took it easy for the first few sessions, learning the track. It was a bit cool & foggy for the first session, cloudy for most of the day but warm & sunny by the end of the day. Few mishaps, none serious. No-one complained at all about any safety issues. None of the straight sections are that long (or straight for that matter), maybe fourth gear on some bikes.
By the end of the day, people were becoming more comfortable with the track and speeds were increasing. If anyone was timing, I’m sure new track records were being set all day long.

DSC_0894a.jpg

DSC_0895a.jpg

DSC_0896a.jpg

DSC_0897a.jpg

DSC_0898a.jpg

DSC_0899a.jpg

DSC_0900a.jpg

I have more pictures.

I have to say I'm a fan of the new track. Really steps it up technically compared to the old version. RC put on another great day with few interruptions. Thanks guys!

VFR.CBR can you post a link to the rest of the pictures please, and BTW always fun to break in a new track. Had a good day on it as most did. here is a little teaser vid.http://youtu.be/A0Ia1wsjaJA

Last edited:
VFR.CBR can you post a link to the rest of the pictures please, and BTW always fun to break in a new track. Had a good day on it as most did. here is a little teaser vid.http://youtu.be/A0Ia1wsjaJA
Holly crap, that exit from the kink at the end of the front straight has a wall right there, I really hope no one loses their front on that right hand corner, no protection on the wall and it is right there. at minute 2:13

Holy crap I can't wait to try this!

Glad those who went ended up with a pretty nice day too. I'm waivering over Monday, but I don't think I will be quite ready.

Thanks for the pics.

I wouldn't race on this track but it is fine for ME for a track day.

Very technical. You will find many diffeent types of corners. Your speeds are low. The entire track in 2-3 on a 600.

They did a good job with laying out entry/exit/apex cones. Very helpful for the entire morning.

First hard left was a little slick but it got better as the day went on.

Most mishaps were just people running off or some slow speed front end slide out from late braking.

The wall is there but coming down that straight your speed is not that high. Again tho I would not want to tip into that corner with 2 or more other bikes. The wall on the exit is at a very mild angle as you better well drive straight thrrough the chicane once you make the right so your angle isn't that bad.

A great learner track. Anyone that wants to learn the track on your 1000, well, maybe you should stay home.

22 apex by my count on each trip round if you count kinks and 3 per chicane.

I think you will find that she will eat you tires if you are hard on the throttle coming out.

Holly crap, that exit from the kink at the end of the front straight has a wall right there, I really hope no one loses their front on that right hand corner, no protection on the wall and it is right there. at minute 2:13

Looks fun, but it looks very dirty still. Strange considering all the rain we've had in the past month.

They have been out on track with vehicles getting soil and seeding down on surrounding. Heavy rains pushed that dirt out on some edges.

By my count. Corner 8 (moderate left before dropping down hill to back corner) has a nice dip that you need to be inside or outside of.

Looks fun, but it looks very dirty still. Strange considering all the rain we've had in the past month.

I was thinking something like that might be happening from TOO MUCH rain. Do they have good drainage though?

Your speeds are low. The entire track in 2-3 on a 600.

The wall is there but coming down that straight your speed is not that high. Again tho I would not want to tip into that corner with 2 or more other bikes. The wall on the exit is at a very mild angle as you better well drive straight thrrough the chicane once you make the right so your angle isn't that bad.

A great learner track. Anyone that wants to learn the track on your 1000, well, maybe you should stay home.

22 apex by my count on each trip round if you count kinks and 3 per chicane.

I think you will find that she will eat you tires if you are hard on the throttle coming out.
Thanks for the comments, this definitely changes perspective, I think is also fine for a track day, just taking it easy in and out of some corners.

Looking at the video it does look like a lot of fun.

I'm going to Ganaraska this weekend and plan to stop in a Mosport on the way home to take a look. It's a bit hard to get a feel for the perspective from the photos and videos.

Last edited:
You can see very little of the track from the paddock wall.

I'm going to Ganaraska this weekend and plan to stop in a Mosport on the way home to take a look. It's a bit hard to get a feel for the perspective from the photos and videos.

Thanks for the video, just a warning for anyone clicking it's [LOUD]
I never knew my amplifier (Aune T1) suffered from channel imbalance at low volume until I watched that video :( lol.

Thanks for the vid basmn, looks awesome. I'll try and my it out on Monday with GP bikes!

Back
Top Bottom