New Mosport DDT track video | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Mosport DDT track video

Needs more walls/guard rails

Only major issue is see, is the last straight into what seems to me corner #1. That right hand with the wall along the left side, that's asking for trouble.

Might be ok. Probably not much different than the big track for bike safety and most people think the big track is acceptable.

If you used the second option it turns in sooner and has what appears to be a chicane or quick switchback. This will reduce your speed drastically for that last corner.
It also appears as if it comes out just past that pit wall. I was expecting much worse. The run off is actaully better in spots then the old track RDT.

Last edited:
The corner that has me most concerned is the the long left sweeper exit. It could use tad more space ,but compared to some tracks we all ride,, much better. Also the last kink in the last long straight ,same as before could use a bit but it is under a 30 degree angle of incident which the FIM is okay with.
All in all, use that option "B" on the last corner,, add some softer barriers to a few spots and personally qualify a few spots as you would on any track,, it looks fun.It's wider then I thought it would be as well.

The only really sketchy spot I can see is the tight right hand corner at the bottom of the track (bottom right of this track map). Very little run off.

Does anyone know if something is stopping ownership from clearing some brush and pushing that tire wall back?

1391941_10151964888831013_35779571_n.jpg

John is correct about T1. We won't be using the same T1 as the car takes, but rather the chicane in the infield. This was a late addition to the plans, on the recommendation of the track manager, And several other long time racing and track organizers to slow the bikes down, eliminate the impact zone with the pit wall and provide adequate run off while still leaving the original T1 for cars.
We will also be using the chicane that was added for bikes on the straight leading into the final corner.

There will be preliminary testing prior to our first trackday in June so our coaching staff and us as organizers are well prepared to teach as well as protect any areas that may be of a concern.

This, 100%

A few dozen of those foam filled soft barriers and we'll be ready to race! Speaking of which... any progress? We need to catch up soon.

I have been trying to find a bag that is perfect,, but to get it made and crap is too much grief.
So I found a bag that I think will work. I'm trying to fill it now.
Working on trying to get some and approval for Shannonville for the first National.
The more and more I look at this bag. The more and more it makes sense.
For those unaware, we're taking a bulk grain feed bag about 42 inches square. filling it with water bottles,juice bottles
and any plastic bottles with lids.
Putting these in the white grain bags and making a softer barrier.
Shuby in Nova scotia took Frank Woods idea last year and lined the track with about 200 bags. Amatuer Superbike
leader crashed into them in turn nine and walked away. For those never been to Shuby,, a nasty corner.
So I'm just waiting for some final discussions.
The bags are local to western Ontario.
Kind of thinking if everyone can save their bottles in a clear plastic garbage bag. The thought is we can just drop them in the big bags with
limited set up.
For those unaware of the costs,, here's the math. One 25 foot air fence $7000 plus frieght.
One 6 foot foam block $700 plus freight
one 42 inch bottle barrier,,,,,,,$15to $17 plus recycling from everyone.
To put that in perspective , to cover 25 feet with the water bottle barrier $136. basically zero maintenance.

So maybe save your bottles folks.

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind is bikes can use so much more of the pavement over cars. Your angle of incident will not be determined until some qualified riders learn the track. Cars, the angle is much more defined out of the box. So learning the track is paramount. Take your time talk to the track day provider and regardless of you skill level,, get out behind a coach for the first few sessions. ANY quality racer going to a new track will try to tag onto a local to learn the track faster. Track days are no different. It looks like a lot of fun,,just be humble and learn it. That goes for any new track!

The only really sketchy spot I can see is the tight right hand corner at the bottom of the track (bottom right of this track map). Very little run off.

Does anyone know if something is stopping ownership from clearing some brush and pushing that tire wall back?

I would expect you see some more changes. What saved you there before was the pavement being so bad and narrow you could not go fast. As a track owner/operator if you never really had an issue in a corner before you tend to neglect it. But with new pavement and wider entrance,,, I'm sure they will
address a few spots. I think there is room to clean up that area. The cars will have an even harder time. Faster in and faster at the apex,,, when it goes bad there will
be a big problem. I expect the Bridgestone school may need some areas cleaned up to reduce the damage to their cars. Good for you guys! Good for everyone! Just remember, Pro 6, Racer 5,Bridgestone car school and some others have a really good relationship with Mosport. Things will change they just need to ensure they spend the money right. That is why we need to take it easy, ride the track, provide good clear feedback and give everybody some time to make things better for all.

It looks much better than the early first impressions suggested. I'd give it a go.

It looks much better than the early first impressions suggested. I'd give it a go.

I agree. It's a bit hard to tell from the fish-eyed camera view but I think it looks reasonable. Worth a try I'd say.

So I was there today. We watched a bunch of porche cars going around the track.

It looks ok from the video but once you are there you can appreciate the spots that will be dangerous for bikes. However this will not stop me from riding it and I am sure Pro6 will setup the track to minimize risk.

Shenna is right that using the kink at the end of the the front straight will considerably reduce the risk, also the kink before the last corner will help

however (Things Pro6 should take a look at before the track day):

-There is a nasty bumb just on the apex of the last corner which bikes will take while leaning right that will unsettle suspension and the damn wall is right there. The bump is just after that cone on the right
1897901_4127358638348_2194430195959798592_n.jpg

- There are also these metal fences in the middle of the track very close to a few of the turns in the middle section, they look bad from where i was standing however only riding the track can you really say.

On the good side, it is a much better track than TMP, it has some elevation to it and the facilities seem pretty good.

I can't wait to ride it but I am going to tippy toe around as the liter bike will be a handful on that track.

Going in May to try it. Rode the old one last year liked it on 600 but maybe not so much on a 1000 but that's just me.

Track looks like fun, and not too dangerous for me personally...Cant wait to try that fresh pavement!

Me too!

I'm signed up for June but has anyone signed up for the GPBIKES day in May?

Back
Top Bottom