Removing Logos | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Removing Logos

All I did was let the summer sun warm the bike up and slowly and carefully peeled it off. Any residue I rolled off with scotch tape. I like to use tape to remove sticky residue. No scrapers, chemicals, etc needed. Go real slow is the key.

Much easier on a new bike compared to years old glue.

be forewarned, that some people see modified fairings (removing the cbr decal) as a warning sign that a bike could have been dropped

I have no plans on selling this bike. Over the last year, I probably dropped 2k in accessories on it, and there is no way I can make it back during sale. So might as well ride and enjoy it and If I ever upgrade, I keep this one also.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if I can find some decals of a cowgirl straddling a rocket and replace my Ninja stickers with that instead, everyone I know keeps calling my bike a crotch rocket anyway so it would only be fitting.

There is actually a rubber disk to remove decals, stickers and trim tape. Goes on your drill, doesn't ruin the paint at all. I got mine a NAPA Auto Parts for like $12.

Something like this: http://youtu.be/HHKN5_UfDik

^That's an interesting tool, but I'd be worried about getting impatient and letting it heat up too much or wanting to spin it faster lol

I was surprised at how many warning stickers were on my bike when I picked it up. The dealer took off the nastiest offender--a large white and orange warning label that covered most of my rear fender. There is still one covering up any visible handle bar chrome that I'll have to work on another day. I took two large, ugly warning labels off the gas tank this past weekend at my parents' place since my mom has a professional hair dryer that gets to the perfect temperature for the job to avoid any issues with ruining paint. I used a debit card and a ton of patience to remove it and then Purell/ hand sanitizer to remove the residue left behind. The second decal was another story. It left behind half of its size in a much thicker residue. The hand sanitizer worked for most but then I stepped it up Goo Gone for whatever was left since I found a bottle in the garage. If that didn't work I would have moved up to WD-40.

Basically, you need a ton of patience for whatever way you choose to remove warning labels, logos, decals, etc. In my case, each label that I removed is printed in the first few pages of the owner's manual anyways.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom