Removing Logos | GTAMotorcycle.com

Removing Logos

Mukala

I want to remove the warning on my gas tank and remove the cbr250r sticker on my fairing on my bike? What is the best way to remove without ruining the finish?

Last edited:
Heat gun on low temp. A decent hairdryer will work also.

Hairdryer. Softens up the adhesive followed by a little elbow grease.

Whoops....ya beat me to it.

Those warning stickers are bloody obnoxious; are they required to be there by law? Seriously, if it's just that only the end consumer can remove it, they should make them out of easily removable plastic.

Goo-Gone if WD40 doesn't work. If you're lucky there won't be any residue left over.

Try a product called "Goo Gone".You can get it anywhere in the cleaning supply section.Warning!!! do not use a similar looking product called "Goof Off" it will take your paint off.

Hair dryer, but in the end it was me, picking away at small pieces, took forever.

Its a pain.. in the arse. It really is.

Towel in boiling water. Place on top of label. Give it a min and peel right off. Helps if it's nice out. Right now would be a bad time.

goo gone, let sit, remove with a plastic card

What is the best way to remove the sticky residue left on the fairing and tank?

Methyl Hydrate, available at Canadian tire for almost free, no noxious fumes, won't harm your skin or your paint. Soak on a microfiber and rub the gunk off.

I used a het gun and a credit card. Some came off easier than others. It was cold out at the time which didn't make life any easier. Used WD-40 to remove any leftover glue.

I used a het gun and a credit card. Some came off easier than others. It was cold out at the time which didn't make life any easier. Used WD-40 to remove any leftover glue.

Meth hydrate or varsol can also work and a heat gun makes it simpler. But like TAG23 said a Credit card as a removal tool works best for the goo.

Also OP be aware that some logos can be under the clear coat. You would have to first remove that

just did this on my gsxr those stickers are nuke bomb proof

I use heat gun which removed the clear top layer ONLY then I used WD-40 an a credit card to scrap It off then i used lighter fluid to remove the stickey glue that was left

I did a full bike including wheel stripes yesterday. Took about 20min. Heat it to the right temp and it'll work fine.

Except the swing arm..the kawi came with no such logos thank god!

Op are you doing a sleeper??? talking off the decals and logos and tankpads....

Remember, never add the chemicals until AFTER you're done with the heat. Lol. My neighbour can attest to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom