Muskoka Roads | GTAMotorcycle.com

Muskoka Roads

Kunman

How are the roads in Muskoka? I went up in my car at the begining of the month and took southwood, there was no tarmac. It was all sand and snow. I wonder how is it now after some spring rain fall.

At its best Southwood is sandy in 60% of the turns and wet on 30% of the surface of the road. Factor in speeding pickups, speeding Escalades, speeding ricers and hidden driveways. I wouldn't even take my Evo on it last year.

what about other roads in Muskoka?

I took my car through Orillia last Saturday. The city looked like it was build on a sand dune. Sand and dust and dirt everywhere. I don't know what Muskoka would be like, but I would wait for a rain or two before venturing to the wilds of Muskoka

At its best Southwood is sandy in 60% of the turns and wet on 30% of the surface of the road. Factor in speeding pickups, speeding Escalades, speeding ricers and hidden driveways. I wouldn't even take my Evo on it last year.

I have given up on Southwood road. Sand, sand and then more sand. Pity.

29 seconds is where the fun starts...Thanks to those who rescued my ***. I was balls deep in water and my legs were pinned under the bike, I couldn't do ****...

[video=youtube_share;aIldgZD8nto]http://youtu.be/aIldgZD8nto?t=29s[/video]

Last edited:
Thats why Southwould should be taken at or below the recommended speed limit for most of the riding season

Southwood has been his way for years. The only recommended time is late August to September

Took 141 today from 69 to Rosseau...no issues...also took Tally Ho ( Swords road ) up to 518 and then over to Parry Sound. In pretty good shape...not much sand anywhere. Some other roads up north have some pretty bad potholes...also spotted a few deer...take it easy.

Last edited:
29 seconds is where the fun starts...Thanks to those who rescued my ***. I was balls deep in water and my legs were pinned under the bike, I couldn't do ****...

[video=youtube_share;aIldgZD8nto]http://youtu.be/aIldgZD8nto?t=29s[/video]

wow!! Dude, lucky those other guys were there ! man.. What happened to the bike?? Damage wise?

I went up yesterday through Gravenhurst->Huntsville->Algonquin Park-> Bancroft -> Kawarthas -> Peterborough and back.
All the sand was at the sides of the road except for smaller towns.
When I passed by the 517 on 62, 517 seemed clear as well.
I didn't hit some of the twistier roads as I kept getting rained on hard.... With no rain gear >.>

Last edited:
Drove north on Southwood today on my way to a Conference and it was not as bad as I expected but still lots of sand and very clean in the north end of it. They are filling the pot holes so lots of gravel and bumps. Rideable but you would have to know the road well to enjoy a decent pace. Still a month or 2 before it is clean. All other roads including 7/ 632 are in good shape.

Drove back this afternoon and following lots of rain last night, it was actually flooded in one spot. Unfortunately the sand, bumps and gravel-filled pot holes are all in the best parts of the road.

Last edited:
Thats why Southwould should be taken at or below the recommended speed limit for most of the riding season

^I'm with this guy. Rode it late last summer and there was tons of sand and loose asphalt patches in a lot of the corners. It was more stressful than fun.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I rode up Southwood road today and it has a tremendous amount of sand all over, had to go super slow. It wasn't nearly this bad last year. Other roads in the area aren't so bad, Road 3/Glamorgan which goes from Haliburton to Gooderham was very nice.

Back
Top Bottom