Cheapest source for dynamat? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheapest source for dynamat?

Why in the back? Can't trick me, engines are in the front. Got a screaming hoe in the trunk?

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS

Maybe he drives a porche. If so don't know why he wants to block out engine noise. Oh probably an old beetle or fiero. That's it

Dynamat is not the product for that. Although billed as a sound deadener, it won't do a good job of blocking out engine noise. It is a heavy butyl based product that when added to panels that flex will prevent them from vibrating and making noise.

You want some closed cell acoustic foam to absorb the sound. Even some cheap outdoor carpet spray glued under the stock mat would give you more bang for your buck.

But if you want to go with deadener, try Fat Mat, it's alot cheaper then Dynamat

Last edited:
Dynamat is not the product for that. Although billed as a sound deadener, it won't do a good job of blocking out engine noise. It is a heavy butyl based product that when added to panels that flex will prevent them from vibrating and making noise.

You want some closed cell acoustic foam to absorb the sound. Even some cheap outdoor carpet spray glued under the stock mat would give you more bang for your buck.

But if you want to go with deadener, try Fat Mat, it's alot cheaper then Dynamat

Thank you for that, new info to me. It is for a Corvair. I ripped out old insulation to paint and want to put something in there as it gets quite noisy.

Thank you for that, new info to me. It is for a Corvair. I ripped out old insulation to paint and want to put something in there as it gets quite noisy.

Whats the noise consist of?

Sound deader will help. Exhaust noise is picked up by the panels which in turn resonate and amplify the noise. A combination of sound deadener and closed cell foam are the best option.

Anywho, when i was sound deadening my Civic, i bought butyl backed aluminum roll in Home Deput USA for cheap. Canadian HD dont carry it.

This is the same stuff that Dynamat relabels for 10x the cost.

I used up a roll for my civic, got one or two more kicking around. Let me know if you want it.

You can fool me but I think you get arrested for stuff like this.

Heard enough mesogynistic comments for one day?

I bought my dynamat from eBay as it was the cheapest source....and I still have some left....but probably not enough to cover what you want to do.

It is more of the actual engine noise than exhaust. Lots of vibration as well. The engine is right behind a pretty thin metal wall. I don't need to eliminate that much but a small reduction would be welcome as it is just above what I can tolerate.

I'll measure the area tomorrow. Not sure how many sq ft I need but I doubt it's more than 20.

Last edited:
Are you able to get in there with a brush or roller? GT Liqui-damp works well.

Whats the noise consist of?

Sound deader will help. Exhaust noise is picked up by the panels which in turn resonate and amplify the noise. A combination of sound deadener and closed cell foam are the best option.

Anywho, when i was sound deadening my Civic, i bought butyl backed aluminum roll in Home Deput USA for cheap. Canadian HD dont carry it.

This is the same stuff that Dynamat relabels for 10x the cost.

I used up a roll for my civic, got one or two more kicking around. Let me know if you want it.

Good tip on the hd stuff.

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS

Back
Top Bottom