ARE YOU A GEAR NAZI?

• ATGATT

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • 100% SQUID

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN - PLS EXPLAIN!

Votes: 35 45.5%

• Total voters
I don't know why the FUKC! any body thinks 250/300 is just a 250/300...so we do not need proper gear.That leathers on 250 is ridiculous...

Can any one show me the difference between a road rash between crashing a 250 and a 600 - both going at 100kmph?

Re: ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME - Are you a gear nazi?

For maximum security drive a Volvo

While still wearing full gear. Safety first

window_licker_by_ixulai.jpg

I've said it before mm. Go crash on the road and your tune will change. It's not pleasant and it does happen to everyone sooner or later.

Remember - there are 2 types of riders. 1) those that have been down and 2) those that are going down.

Remember - there are 2 types of riders. 1) those that have been down and 2) those that are going down.

That and I've never understood the people who care what gear looks like. I buy what's appealing looking to me after going with what offers the best protection. Who gives a **** what other people think it looks like??

MM when I go now minimum is a* smx 2 boots kevlar jeans, a* jaws textile jacket, leather gloves (have a few different pairs) an do course my lid. A wipe out at 50 or 150 hurt either way.

For 3 years my only vehicle was my motorcycle and I wore a 2pc leather suit all the time. I personally think wearing full gear looks better as I find it looks stupid to squid and in my opinion people who do that must be lacking brain cells. That being said, if they have been riding for a while, I know there's no changing their mentality so I just hope they don't crash. Dress for the slide, not for the ride, that way if you go flying off your bike at 140, you can walk away without a scratch (assuming you don't hit a tree or something).

Just make sure to wear full under armour compression wear or something similar under your leathers, makes life a billion times better.

Is this you also?
images

Can you know... you can also crash in a car. Dress for the crash, not for the ride, right? :lmao:

Gear Nazi's kill me make my belly hurt from laughing. So concerned are they for other people's skin safety. I particularly love the dirty looks given by ATGATT nazi's, especially when they spend more time Tim Horton's than on the road.

Naked..... I'm covered in ink, it will protect my skin....
Get some Mickey mike unicorns tattooed on you and you will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For maximum security drive a Volvo

This.

I've ridden in t-shirt and shorts, and on such a ride I'd probably have gone without a helmet if I lived in NH; I was testing out some adjustments to my shifter around the block.

Most days, I have either a Joe Rocket King Cruiser jacket, or JR mesh jacket for hot weather. Bristol gloves, steel toe boots (I keep shoes at the office). If it's cold I'll wear my Bristol chaps over my jeans. I'd never run leather pants, but for comfort's sake in the cold, I could go for some windproof textile stuff.

I've said it before mm. Go crash on the road and your tune will change. It's not pleasant and it does happen to everyone sooner or later.

So much this.

I've been down twice on the street so far. First time when going through a corner a car couldnt stay in its lane and was half in mine, evasive manuvers put me on the opposite shoulder where the bike lowsided and landed on my ankle. I was wearing my Sidi's, so I only lost a little skin from the boot being squished between the rearset and the ground. If I was wearing runners or probably any boot that didn't have great ankle protection I probably would have broken it.

Second was I had a car pull out infront of me when I was ~20 feet away from it in town, I had a funny feeling when I was approaching the parking lot exit he was waiting to leave from so I was already off the throttle and covering the brake, just didn't have enough space. Didn't hit him thankfully but right before I would have I got on the front brakes as hard as I could then let off. It gave the car enough time to get out of my way, but my backend was way too high and ended up going *** over tea kettle. Instead of my Five gauntlet gloves, I was wearing a pair of underarmour liner gloves, and the clip on took a good chunk of skin off the inside of my pinky and I had some decent road rash on my hand. If I had my gloves on, the damage would have been much more minimal

I dont really care what others wear, but when I lead friends on rides I demand pants. The whole group has to deal with the consequences of a crash. I don't want to bring cookies and blow to some friend that blew his knees.

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS

I don't know why the FUKC! any body thinks 250/300 is just a 250/300...so we do not need proper gear.That leathers on 250 is ridiculous...

Can any one show me the difference between a road rash between crashing a 250 and a 600 - both going at 100kmph?

What blows my mind is people who regularly wear gears will test ride a bike without helmet n/m gloves after mechanical work. Can't figure that out.

I only wear my old bodybuilding posing trunks, welding goggles, and a Tom Baker Doctor Who scarf trailing 12 feet behind me as I ride. I've always been complimented on my choice in protective gear. And I add 80's pink leg warmers when it gets cold.

Last edited:
I dont really care what others wear, but when I lead friends on rides I demand pants. The whole group has to deal with the consequences of a crash. I don't want to bring cookies and blow to some friend that blew his knees.

My translation software tells me your post is about friends not wearing pants getting blown?

My translation software tells me your post is about friends not wearing pants getting blown?

I use a proprietary trollfuzzification algorithm. You can purchase a decoder module for your software for $20.

I use a proprietary trollfuzzification algorithm. You can purchase a decoder module for your software for $20.

LOL
Paypal alright?

No, I only accept nigerian certified cheques.

There are lots of riders that have never gone down on pavement ( lots off road ) so no it's not inevitable.

I go by ATGTA

All the gear that's appropriate.

Jacket helmet, gloves and decent boots to protect the ankle are I think minimum.

There are mesh over pants that are $100 and cool for riding.

But if it gets hot I'll at times go aquid cept for boots and helmet...I wear ankle high hiking boots tho I have a pair of taller boots for off road.

There are motocross knee protectors that are cheap, good and go under regular jeans and they do work as the hole i my light off road riding pants and deep gouges on the knee protector attests to - but that was offroad.

Up to you....new rider in GTA tho....I'd get some boot and leg protection - the Fox or Thor knee guards are like $30.

Best protection ....take an off road course. Learn to ride dirt and you'll be a better rider on the pavement.

Of course new rider with attitude....???

knight-armor-medieval-sca-combat-harness.jpg

don't trip over the sword.

or less

article-1335361190380-12be298a000005dc-409792_636x473.jpg

she got a ticket for riding pillion without a helmet :rolleyes:

(Pic: CEN)

The pillion passenger’s dangerous curves no doubt proved distracting for other drivers on the road, but cops clearly didn’t want to see her cover up.

After pulling the motorbike over in Romania, officers let the modern day Lady Godiva off with just a warning and a ticket for not donning a helmet.

The cheeky rider then hopped back on the bike, nude but for a crash helmet, and sped off – giving fellow motorists plenty of photo opportunities.

One disbelieving witness said: ‘The officer was a traffic cop and the only traffic offence she’d committed was in not wearing a helmet.

‘So he gave her a warning and a ticket and told her and her companion to ride on

http://metro.co.uk/2012/04/25/nude-...de-on-after-she-gets-no-helmet-ticket-401669/

Back
Top Bottom