Votes: 39 50.6%
  • 100% SQUID

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN - PLS EXPLAIN!

Votes: 35 45.5%

• Total voters

Mighty Mike

Banned
It was pointed out to me that my choice of gear is not ideal. I have an icon leather jacket and gloves that I wear every time Im out. But seriously who is wearing leather pants every time they go out for a ride? Boots i understand, but i personally don't like them because theres nothing really decent looking, i get that they provide good protection in case of an accidents but personally i ride to work almost everyday and i don't have a personal locker where i can leave my things. so for that reason i didn't bother buying motorcycle specific boots i wear my timbs every once in a while but that's about it.

So how about you? do you commute to work on your motorcycle? What kind of gear do you wear? if you're out joy riding what kind of gear are you wearing then? atgatt or squidding it out? Just want to see if I'm all alone on this one, thanks!

HOOLLLAAAA

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME - Are you a gear nazi?

Oh-boy-here-we-go-again.jpg

Alpinestars textile for cooler/cold weather, icon mesh for hot weather, jeans and work boots when I commute (highrise construction), Scott textile pants with crappy knee pads built in when I'm on a joy ride with wal-mart $20 skate shoes. Joe rocket gloves, short for summer and long insulated for spring/fall and icon airmada helmet. By far the best helmet I've ever used. At least for me it even completely blows away my buddy's expensive Shoei RF1100 both in comfortability and wind resistance (neck strain and head bobbing on highway), especially when shoulder checking for lane changes.

These questions are asked multiple times a year, every year. Probably a half dozen times a month during the riding season. It always boils down to just do what you want and don't care what others say. It's your body and you have full right of choice to say what happens to it in a crash. You want to leave peices of you along the highway, so be it. You want to be fully geared in a one peice race suit to grab some milk from the gas station in +35 heat, so be it. Your life your choice.

For 3 years my only vehicle was my motorcycle and I wore a 2pc leather suit all the time. I personally think wearing full gear looks better as I find it looks stupid to squid and in my opinion people who do that must be lacking brain cells. That being said, if they have been riding for a while, I know there's no changing their mentality so I just hope they don't crash. Dress for the slide, not for the ride, that way if you go flying off your bike at 140, you can walk away without a scratch (assuming you don't hit a tree or something).

Just make sure to wear full under armour compression wear or something similar under your leathers, makes life a billion times better.

Also to add; in September my friend binned his bike on the 401 and his left leg got run over and completely shattered by an suv/pick-up truck. No amount of riding gear would prevent an injury like that. He had very little rash on his lower half and he was only wearing jeans and work boots. The vehicle did completely tear the work boot off his left foot, though. All that was left attached was the steel and rubber sole and the steel toe. The rest he didn't even see on the highway at all.

Subscribed
Also.....
Ibtt

For maximum security drive a Volvo

Anything I can do to help?

It will probably end up being hilarious again. I look forward to these threads every time I check the forums.

3 replied on same minute. Give credit where credit is due, the kid can draw a crowd.

Re: ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME?

When riding to work I'm in helmet, Alpinestars leather jacket, my Five RFX-1 gloves, jeans and usually a pair of addidas hiking boots (sometimes just runners). Leisurely rides I throw on my Sidi Vortices but keep the jeans, and anything with a potential for a spirited pace I'm in a 1pc suit

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME?

my agatt collection now include leather pants. Jacket to come...

On a 600? Lol, no.

Only chicks worry about how they look with riding gear at work/school. Prolly because they works with their cute short skirt and tall heels, not their brains.

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS

I like girls, so i am not putting them down

Glad to know that i'm not alone . i know it comes down to personal choices but theres nothing wrong with enlightening anyone that doesn't know better. Being on a 600 or a 250 doesn't matter I'm sure it will hurt regardless of what you're riding. its just that the idea of full gear all the time doesn't really make sense to me. its just not practical.

Also I'm curious as why was the title of my thread to changed? did i break any rules?

HOOLLLAAAA

Last edited:
Generally titles of threads don't need to be screamed at people. People have eyes and they can read the titles screamed or not, if it looks interesting then they will click to view it.

Yes, this is going to be interesting see the arguments for and against wearing gear all the time!

Mickey Mike loves poles.

Generally titles of threads don't need to be screamed at people. People have eyes and they can read the titles screamed or not, if it looks interesting then they will click to view it.

thats what im saying.

Back
Top Bottom