Warranty Blues | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Warranty Blues

This is one of the reasons I like BMW. When I bring my bike in for service I get a loner bike. BMW has been quick with all repairs, max was 3 days. Have a recall to bring it i. For, hopefully it's the same as all my other dealings, and no reason to not expect it to be.

Here's the deal, things happen with bikes. Recalls, they break, you crash, etc.. Sh*t happens, it's inevitable...

Ninja 300, assuming you just recently started riding and have the itch to go out real bad. Well, give it a few years, you'll still have the itch but more patience. Same as after you've had a few years you'll wait until the warmer weather instead of being one of those early season "dumped my bike because it's cold" people.

I think you should enjoy the fact that you have a warranty. Mine had a 1 year warranty. After that point everything has to be paid for if something is needed.

For example, diagnosis is not free. I suspect I might possibly have a non-visible fuel leak. In order to rule out certain areas besides the cap which is where I think it really is, I have to dump dye in and get a blacklight. Those two items will cost $ but at least I will own them. Telling a shop my suspicion they will likely diagnose the same way and charge an hour. Assuming something is located then a fix, also at the hourly rate. My bike is a naked so everything is right there. If you have one of those plastic draped bikes then there is time spent disassembling, reassembling, etc. all at the hourly rate.

Warranties are great!

Back
Top Bottom